Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malkav

French Madman
Haha, when the other guy started playing with the flaming chain it was the perfect setup. I was like "Duuuude, you are so fucked."

Cybsled

Apparently, one of the writers is a fan of Overwatch. He got on Reddit and admitted the lines were intentional. He also said he put a couple Tracer lines in for Simmons lol

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm enjoying this more than all the other superhero shows atm. I was psyched to see Johnny Blaze last night.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
This season has been glorious. I'm glad they went with a different looking skull for Johnny Blaze. Having to wait until after thanksgiving for the next episode is super dumb though.

Prediction based off nothing...
I get the feeling Simmons is going to die on her 'mission' but it will turn out to be Aida with Gemma's face

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This season has been glorious. I'm glad they went with a different looking skull for Johnny Blaze. Having to wait until after thanksgiving for the next episode is super dumb though.

Prediction based off nothing...
I get the feeling Simmons is going to die on her 'mission' but it will turn out to be Aida with Gemma's face

Yeah, there's definitely going to be a pay off with AIDA in some way like that. Then LMD's will play a big part in the end of the season probably.

Cybsled

Ya, LMD has to play a major role somehow. They could also use that to get Daisy out of her issue.

1) Public sees Quake die
2) Quake who died is a LMD
3) Daisy returns to SHIELD because she is "dead" in the public's eye

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, there's definitely going to be a pay off with AIDA in some way like that. Then LMD's will play a big part in the end of the season probably.
Honestly, I was half-expecting them to introduce LMD Ward because of the focus on realistic robotics... and the implications with Patton Oswalt's 'brothers'.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This is nuts. The TV division is taking their shit to cinemas in a direct challenge to the MCU group.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure if it is necessarily a direct challenge, since the show will still air on television and you can see the episodes whether you go to see it at IMAX or not. It honestly just sounds like an innovative way to make more cash to help bolster shows that might not make enough to really cover their own expenses normally.

I might go see it in IMAX if nothing else is going on and it looks fucking awesome, but this isn't a must-see in theaters like every other Marvel movie (for me).

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Doctor Who does their premieres and specials in theaters all the time, doesn't mean they're breaking into the cinemas it's just another way to capitalize on rabid fans. Not sure if it will work for a completely new TV series though.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sounds like their way of piggy-backing off the success of the movies which isn't terribly stupid. The Marvel movies don't have to try very hard to be massive successes while the shows on ABC have never had the best ratings. I imagine they're hoping people will see this as yet another Marvel movie, go to see it, and then be lured into watching the show.

I do wonder how this affects Agents of SHIELD though. In the past few seasons, the Inhumans have become very central to the show's plot. It's been rumored that the Inhumans were pushed by the head of Marvel Entertainment as a way of laying the groundwork for the eventual movie - which Feige was never terribly interested in even doing (and Feige no longer reports to that division as of 2015). Now that the movie is no longer happening (or, at least, not in the typical fashion), it doesn't seem like there will be any need for two shows involving the Inhumans. Hopefully that means AoS gets to focus more on the spy-oriented stuff and not that the studio head decides the show is no longer necessary since he's finally getting his baby.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This is different from the Doctor Who stuff as those are Fathom Events / special individual screenings vs. putting something in cinemas for a solid 2-week run. The best analog I can think of is the Buck Rogers in the 25th Century pilot "movie" which was shown in cinemas in March of 1979 several months before the TV series started up.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Someone told me last night that this is the last season of Agents. He's kind of a dumbfuck and read it on facebook, so I'm inclined to not believe him. But I figured if there was even a whisper of cancellation, you guys would know.

Tell me how full of shit he is pls.

joz123

Potato del Grande
He's not full of shit. My uncle works on AoS and told me this is the last season but they will make a movie or 2 based on the show.

Cybsled

ABC is launching an Inhumans show, so there have been grumblings as to whether or not the network can support 2 Marvel shows. I haven't heard anything substantial, though.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
He's not full of shit. My uncle works on AoS and told me this is the last season but they will make a movie or 2 based on the show.

Don't they already have a coupla movies based on the show? They were kind of big deals, you might have heard of them.