Marvel's Jessica Jones

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just finished and Im kind of happy its done. First few episodes were great then it just falls off a cliff. Fight scenes and powers in general are horribly done throughout.

Most hilarious part is about 37 minutes into the last episode when that mob of people start trying to kill each other. 2 construction workers are pounding on each other, one brings the other to the ground and starts stomping on him. Then he stops. Guy gets up. They pat each other on the back like its a job well done and go to try and kill a new target. I immediatly had to go back and watch it again to make sure I really saw it happen.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First comment

"'Jessica Jones' Is The Best Show On TV"
I know you're prone to knee-jerk, positive hyperbole when it comes to comic book adaptations, but this is hilarious.
lol.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Goddmanit, I agree with Column. This shit is turning to hot garbage the longer it goes. She can lift cars in one episode, then she gets overpowered and knocked out by support group rejects? What the fuck ever. Writing is just getting lazy.

The whole comic book trope shit of we can't kill the villain is just too much here, like it often is. The dude is walking murder and insanity and there is 0 damn reason that he isn't just executed instantly by anyone that has the chance.

he literally turned a grannie in to a suicide bomber and they STILL "can't" kill him. It's so ridiculous at this point. It's easier to believe Luke Cage can take a circular saw to his amazing abs than it is to believe this shit

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
When she had him in the back of the van the first thing my wife said is why doesn't she crush his mandible so he can't speak. That scene was avatar level of stupid.

Saban_sl

shitlord
So far the only thing that gets to me is the annoying angry ex subplot, that bitch has an ugly whiny face.

Malkav

French Madman
Agreed with some here, show was good, except for her power level not being consistent at all. It makes some scenes totally retarded.

Aside from that, Kilgrave > Kingpin.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Only 4 episodes in so far and I like it well enough. Killgrave is amazing so far and he hasn't said more than a couple of lines. Definitely needs more Luke Cage though. I assume there's more coming from him.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finished it this afternoon and give it an 8/10 overall, they seriously need to improve writing both jessica and luke's strength while also using less shots of people just being thrown across a room. On a side note:
hilarious that Nuke's pills, while not intentional, tie into the whole "mansplainin white guy" who goes after the stronk women while on the "red pill"... Terrible Salon, Jezebel, Gawker article when please.

Brad2770

Meh, they are keeping both somewhat grounded so that Daredevil can kick their ass when the time comes.

IGH ran experiments on Jessica. They are the company that funded the treatments/experiments on Kilgrave and we will find out the ones that happened to Luke (when his show comes up). We will probably also find out that the chemicals that affected Daredevil. Just a guess of how things will start to unfold.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Pretty sure they explained why they didn't kill kilgrave several times so I'm not sure why that's bothering people.

Also agree that her power level seems inconsistent. At first I thought they just seperated her strength and durability, but she seemed more hurt by the ugly bitch hitting her with the 2x4 than when she got hit by the van.

I still enjoyed it alot. The story had me a lot more than Daredevil even though action wasn't anywhere close to the same level.

HUH_sl

shitlord
They give reasons to keep him alive, those reasons are just stupid as hell. I'm only on episode 11 so maybe its cleared up more and I'm in the wrong.

They want to keep him alive so she can record him using his powers to prove that his mind control is real, or even get him to confess on tape. Problem is that the confession will always be under duress, and having a tape of someone listening to a command proves nothing. Jessica mentions that all they'll need is one juror to have reasonable doubt which means she intends for the entire thing to go to trial, that's months of having Kilgrave in the custody of a legal system that would be completely incapable of dealing with him.

In episode 10 I think Kilgrave tells his mom to to pick up the scissors and Jessica mutters something like "That's it, I got you" as if that's enough. You're gonna play that shit in court and be like "she picked up the scissors, you must aquit!" It's a dumb idea and as Kilgrave kills more and more it makes Jessica less likable and relatable.

I'm curious to when the this takes place in the MCU timeline. The entire show is such a big departure from the norm that I find it difficult to wrap my head around the idea that this show and Agents of SHIELD exist in the same universe.

Column_sl

shitlord
It happens after the events of Avengers 1, and after Daredevil season 1. So if I had to wager a guess it's roughly somewhere in season 1 of Shield.

It's hard to believe that Shield wouldn't be all over anyone even suspected of mind control.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The problem with kilgrave and shield spotting him is separating the wheat from the chaff of reports on such things. Near the end with his powers amped I am certain he would have gotten onto shields radar pretty fast but prior to that he is affecting a handful of people at a time who are so ashamed and embarrassed they don't want to talk about it and nobody they do talk to about it believes them.

Then the other trick is how do you look for this guy whom you are not sure what he looks like and risk actually finding him and have him jedi mind trick you away and into having a permanent accident.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
When she had him in the back of the van the first thing my wife said is why doesn't she crush his mandible so he can't speak. That scene was avatar level of stupid.
because at that point they are still trying to prove killgrave both exists and has the powers they say he has in order to free that girl from prison. I don't see that their plan ever had much of a chance due to the nature of his powers but they had captured him for a very clear reason and breaking his jaw so he could not talk would totally defeat that purpose. At that point they basically would just be looked at as kidnappers who were abusing and torturing this guy and still have not a shred of proof as to his powers.

One last thing to note I never really liked the alias comics and the jessica jones series was a pretty good detective noir show with super powers and it hits those notes very well. Overall I give it about an 8/10 and I have to say I really like their luke cage casting and am looking forward to that quite a bit as I am much more of a luke cage fan than jessica jones.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They give reasons to keep him alive, those reasons are just stupid as hell. I'm only on episode 11 so maybe its cleared up more and I'm in the wrong.

They want to keep him alive so she can record him using his powers to prove that his mind control is real, or even get him to confess on tape. Problem is that the confession will always be under duress, and having a tape of someone listening to a command proves nothing. Jessica mentions that all they'll need is one juror to have reasonable doubt which means she intends for the entire thing to go to trial, that's months of having Kilgrave in the custody of a legal system that would be completely incapable of dealing with him.

In episode 10 I think Kilgrave tells his mom to to pick up the scissors and Jessica mutters something like "That's it, I got you" as if that's enough. You're gonna play that shit in court and be like "she picked up the scissors, you must aquit!" It's a dumb idea and as Kilgrave kills more and more it makes Jessica less likable and relatable.
She didn't plan on having Kilgrave go to trial, she just wanted Hope to get off. Her intention was always to kill him after she had evidence to free her. The reason it's stupid is because a ton of people ended up dying in her attempt to exonerate 1 girl

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Started watching it. Haven't finished it yet but I really like the style of it.

Column, I may not agree with you on a lot of things but you are batting 100 in terms of TV show critiques. I'm about to get into the mess portion apparently but front half was A++. I have an extreme raging hardon for noire however.

Kilgrave being as 'strong' as he is made me like him more. Everyone of the characters is either deathly afraid of him or doesn't even understand the kind of power he has. This makes him so much more compelling than Kingpin was to me. Even though, as a source material character, I like Kingpin more and truly hope season 2 does him some justice. It makes the struggle much more defined when your protagonist is up against seemingly insurmountable odds.

But the whole reasoning for her trying to catch him is fucking stupid. Whatever. I can get over that. Not bad for a first season IMO.