Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Its really bad when games are really bad.

You know what's worst? To hear people bitch about said game when it's well known that said game has problems. You ARE the problem.

Stop buying paying money for shitty games.

No, a game being shitty is definitely worse.

Dipshit.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Got mine from Gamefly so I'm not the problem.

That said, if the rest of the world is the same as the UK, sales figures put it behind Horizon so far so at least there's some justice. Sadly Horizon seems to be #2 in launch sales behind Ghost Recon so consumers are still retards.

Ghost recon spans three platforms.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Much further in the game now. Still have not touched 'favorite' loadouts or indeed branched much beyond my core ability set. I may need to respec at some point just to reallocate my stuff around a bit in terms of abilities I put points into to level my profile but not actually use.

I had thought that the Biotic ability that was a basic attack rather than attack+force would be nice with the option that let you use shields as ammo in lieu of a cooldown. In practice, however, the ability was pretty lackluster and with all the other cooldown reductions in place Throw refreshes almost instantly anyway.

There should have been some more synergistic combinations in the passive abilities. Things like the weapon skills in Combat are fairly universal since everyone uses guns, but most of the other passive are restricted bonuses to combat/tech/biotic specifically.

One side effect of not having any control over my squad mates is that I'm picking who to take on missions more on mission theme and interparty banter rather than on gameplay synergies. In the other games I would have the Solider / engineer type companions to offset my pure Biotics and this time I don't bother since it doesn't seem to matter.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Once you're fairly high level, the best adept setup is probably singularity + lance + throw, unless you want to be a glass cannon version of Vanguard and use annihilation + charge + lance. Singularity and lance are universal primer and detonator, which is very important. You need tons of recharge speed for singularity to really be effective though. It doesn't really shine until you complete the vault on the 4th planet and get the fusion mod with another 50% recharge on it. (Edit: and make sure to take the expansion rather than the explosion.)

I'm still finding that sentinel is better though. There is really good synergy between energy drain, incinerate, and lance. You get to make lance really cheap in barrier cost, and focus everything else on tech recharge. Shields and armor stop being such a pain in the ass too.

Removing Warp was a monumentally stupid decision, and is the main reason why non-Vanguard biotics are so lackluster imo.

Last edited:

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I still use singularity + throw + backlash and just never bother with cover. Whenever I am not actively attacking I throw up backlash and let trash kill themselves on the reflect. It is also handy to reflect the big attacks that the bosses and minibosses toss at me and has saved my bacon on many an occasion when I was caught out of position.

Still a bit annoyed that we dont get the actual hemisphere biotic bubble ability, especially since that seems to be the only ability they use in cutscenes to show biotics doing shit.

Just did the Cora mission where at the end the Asari Pathfinder is trying to protect the Ark and Cora has to join in to give that extra biotic push. As they are straining in dramatic tension I was sitting there going "my Ryder is 100% biotic and just standing over here chilling...but no its cool... you basic biotics gotta do you"

goishen

Macho Ma'am
NeoGAF

Yah, I know. I'm still over there, don't post much stuff as it mostly gets lol'ed at. But I'm finding this extremely interesting that the MP won't even save this game. Tons of shit from not getting credit for games, to weak melee, to weak guns, etc.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i like this dudes summary of the game: "this is desk simulator 1.0, you basically just run to a planet, go to a desk, pick up a note, go to another place to pick up an item, and return to the desk. most of the quests are just that."

From Sovereign to desk sim, how the mighty have fallen

don't forget to get your persona 5 pre orders in btw, game releases in 4 days and all reviews so far are putting the game even higher than horizon zero dawn. the steelbook edition is same price as regular at best buy and amazon, $48+tax with GCU/prime is a great deal. PS4 exclusive. Just bringing that up because people are saying 2017 may well be the greatest video gaming year since 2007, when Mass Effect 1, Assassins Creed 1, Uncharted 1, Bioshock, Portal, and Modern Warfare released.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I tried to sex up Reyes to get the triple ship trophy ended up shooting him in the back in a panic....(with a gun not a load)

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vaclav

I tried to sex up Reyes to get the triple ship trophy ended up shooting him in the back in a panic....(with a gun not a load)

LOL, I did as well, but just because he was an ass - got the triple trophy with Peebee and Gil - no other "scened" romances and it triggered for me with Gil though. (I had done Reyes partially and did the Angaran museum chick but not up to any cutscene - so one of those may have counted - unsure)

Nester

Vyemm Raider
LOL, I did as well, but just because he was an ass - got the triple trophy with Peebee and Gil - no other "scened" romances and it triggered for me with Gil though. (I had done Reyes partially and did the Angaran museum chick but not up to any cutscene - so one of those may have counted - unsure)

Cheap move bro!

You know that one guy on the nexus was hot for Gill....

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A quandary. I feel like playing through the originals, but first I have to recover my live account. Problem is that even once I dig that back up, I really like the ME3 DLC but I don't want to pay for it.

Game is so much better with Javik being an asshole during every single scene.

Vaclav

A quandary. I feel like playing through the originals, but first I have to recover my live account. Problem is that even once I dig that back up, I really like the ME3 DLC but I don't want to pay for it.

Game is so much better with Javik being an asshole during every single scene.

Seems like a call for TorrentMan if you don't want to shell out for the DLC.

If you've got a PS3, there's probably someone on here that could account share a copy though if they haven't already. (Or maybe something similar with 360, never explored sharing digital stuff on 360)

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I played through the DLC on PC, but I own the games legit on 360. PC isn't an option atm due to not having a video card.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
If the management is truly that stupid to think that they didn't need to spend time on faces and animation in a character driven RPG like ALL Bioware games are than I really do hope EA cleans house with a fury after this debacle.

Of course as a ton of other people are pointing out that still doesn't explain the terrible story or everything else wrong with this game.

• 1Like

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
I played through 100% sniper rifles w/ tactical cloak (sucks real ass on the cardinal-type enemies.) Everything just feels weak as fuck, nothing really hits hard except on the common grunt type enemies. All of the game's systems are completely un-compelling.

The only thing good is that the environments look real nice in HDR on my LG OLED.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I am feeling like everything is really underpowered.

What have you guys seen to be the strongest of all skills, weapons and styles so far?

Dhan shotgun is incredibly strong, but I fucking hate the way it fires. Mattock used to be one of my favorite ARs, but it's absolute garbage tier now. All the super strong skills like Omni Grenade or whatever seem to really suffer from low power cell capacity, even with skill upgrades. Melee is weak as fuck all around, I even got level IV Kett melee weapon earlyyy in the game and it still took like three hits to kill a regular mob. Even worse, I originally had a more 'fun' build, with more skills to experiment with like Annihilation, Nova, Flak Cannon, etc. but it is absolutely unplayable on even Hardcore difficulty.
I am currently running 6 Biotic Barrier and 6 Combat Passive (the tree with dmg resistance at low HP), TAC Cloak, Overload, and Singularity. It's effective enough to carry me so far, but holy goddamn shit is it boring. I tried Lance and other stuff on MP, but didn't seem to be as effective there. Might be more useful in SP.
I like the N7 Valiant and Vanquisher for Sniper Rifles, but overall most SRs are shitty. Haven't gotten to build hardly any ARs or Pistols yet, so we'll see.