Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This thread should really be retitled;

"Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism's Final Frontier"

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What have you guys seen to be the strongest of all skills, weapons and styles so far?
Pistol - Hornet SMG (only 3 slots so I don't carry this around anymore)
Shotgun - Dhan with Bio-converter and Seeking Plasma
Sniper - Black Widow or Isharay with Bio-converter
AR - PAW with Electric Current

Dhan is pretty much all I use, except the PAW comes out against remnant.

Skills are really underwhelming compared to weapons. Turbocharge is by far the best skill in the game simply because it makes weapons even stronger than they already are. Bring a tech skill like Energy Drain (+DoT so it primes) or Incinerate so you have something to trigger Life Support so Bio-converter doesn't kill you. If you don't care about combos, you can also bring either Tactical Cloak or the hidden tech skill. Third skill, basically whatever you want. I use Charge for mobility, constant barrier refills, and to detonate shit. Everything else went into passives and I use the Explorer profile since it boosts weapon damage, tech recharge, and biotic damage, plus it's far easier to hit 78x3 for rank 6 without just wasting points on shit you never use. And the blink is cool (except when it gets you stuck in terrain).

Last edited:

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
So I watched the Angry review and he mentions that multiplayer is only horde mode and that ME3 multiplayer is the same way, is that true? I never played either but it's amazing to me that people speak so highly of either if that's the case.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yep. True.

ME Fans actually gushed over a horde mode. And praised it. Which I couldn't believe either.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was fun as fuck, and I rarely experienced the lag problems that people are constantly bitching about with Andromeda's multiplayer.

Plus it had that gambling addiction thing covered since all your upgrades came from randomized booster packs.

*edit*

Plus Montreal supported it for months with free mini-expansions, events for ultra rare weapons, etc. Maybe part of the awesomeness of ME3 multi was due to comparing it to the enormous disappointment of the singleplayer.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Maybe part of the awesomeness of ME3 multi was due to comparing it to the enormous disappointment of the singleplayer.

I think this has a lot to do with it.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Multiplayer was pure mindless fun that essentially took literally all the best parts of gunplay, skills, and combat in general and gave you a constant stream of fluid engagement. Plus it had a scoreboard, tons of cool classes and stuff to unlock, and gambling addiction type boxes and kits as said above.
It was never praised as being innovative or as a breakthrough of modern game design, it was always praised as fun and sometimes that's all it takes. I actually wish more developers would use ME3's MP as a case study. It gut all of the dumb, lofty shit that can often bog down an otherwise fun gaming experience and kept it a basic template focused purely on the core mechanics of the game that made it fun.

Plus, killing thousands of aliens with a squad of people online is awesome.

Hate ME3 ending and Andromeda all day, I will never stand up for that shit. But I have to put my foot down and say MP is fun as fuck.

Also , Vorph - thanks for the response. Since I can't find the effort to expend into seriously getting into MEA I figured I was glaringly overlooking some skill build or something to make my experience easier but it seems like most of my conclusions were correct at first glance. I can have a lot of fun with some skill builds HYPOTHETICALLY, but the second I go up in Difficulty or remember I am limited to only 3 skills I am immediately deflated. Oh well. I like the crafting tbh, it's nice to see in a Mass Effect because it fits so well in the universe. I feel bummed though because most of my favorite guns from the previous games do not operate the same or are completely underpowered. Learning to adapt to some new ones, but getting there. Glad to hear the Hornet is good, it was one of my favorites in 3.

I hate this game with every fiber of being and it frustrates me to the point of annoyance every 15 minutes I clock with it, but for some reason I am determined to keep trying to play it.

I am so sick of scanning 3 glyphs and doing a Sudoku. It feels like 60% of what I've done all game, and it does not feel interesting or rewarding in anyway. I hate it. It would be better if the maps weren't so empty or difficult to interact with over the course of exploring through waypoints. If I get into even one extra firefight in open world that isn't quest related, my life support will kill me unless I go back and heal at a pod before continuing the quest. Not always true, but not an exaggeration to say that is 85% the case since high difficulty at low level is a complete pain in the ass. I am just now dinging 16.

Last edited:

Vorph

I was fine with just ignoring it in ME3, but I really resent it now that I've realized that's where the retarded 3-skills thing in ME:A SP came from.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except it worked fine in ME3 multi because the skills there (after the first or second set of boring vanilla units) were badass as fuck, and you could just endlessly rape everything with combos if skill spamming was your game. I could just spam snap freeze with my N7 paladin for constant cryo explosions, or I could look at what the other players were playing and pick something specifically to either prime or detonate combos. Best team comps for platinum were geth jugg, infiltrator of choice to focus down dangerous enemies and occasionally solo objectives, and the remaining two slots for a good prime/detonate combo.

The fact that they dumbed it down on top of removing the ability to command your squad mates is a just another major WTF in an endless sea of major WTFs

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
True that, I definitely have to agree that MEA's MP classes are BORING AS FUCK. Total letdown. It was my favorite part of 3.
One of the 'Ultra Rare' classes (out of like 3) is a Kineticist that has Throw, Pull, and like Singularity or something. It's like uhhh, lol? That's the epitome of basic ass biotic.
I remember in 3 there was like a shitload of different races and stuff with different HP and dodging styles and melee and some SICK ass really unique skills like the electricity whips and shit. There is nothing even half that cool in MEA. (Yet, IDK how much they plan to update MP. I would assume a lot.)

goishen

Macho Ma'am
They had better if they wanna save their jobs. Fuck the single player, just go for the MP and let it ride. That's what Montreal's known for mostly. But then again, I don't think they can save this boat from sinking, at this point.

Vorph

People saying they were going to wait for a pirate release are in luck. CPY cracked the new version of Denuvo already.

• 1Solidarity

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
and I won't even bother torrenting this POS...
Sadly, the first ME game I won't be playing (and most likely not the last one) ;(.