Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rofl, no.

Skill system vastly improved upon (class / weapon / weight systems), meaningful questlines (especially the krogan/mordin events)...what wasn't there to like? It wasn't pure character development like 2 but I think that's preference. I was rather disappointed by the overarching story of 2. The reaper story barely advanced in 2. Citadel definitely brought a lot of closure and managed to be even better than shadow broker.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
ME3's a great game barring the initial ending which was fixed decently in citadel, which is the finest DLC (and fan service) the game series has ever had. ME3 multiplayer alone would've put the game head and shoulders above the other two.

That said, the actual gameplay looked fine in the videos. I do wonder what a classless system will do to the multi, if we see that again. Given those RMT packs they were selling it'd be hard to imagine that wouldn't be a permanent addition.

I would not be surprised to see them do multiplayer like they did in ME3. The pathfinder being classless and having access to everything was a rare and specific ability. It is why there is one designated per ark. I would guess their multiplayer would be normal non pathfinder types so specific race/class options like we saw in ME3 and it works fine lore wise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
ME3's a great game barring the entirety of the game after Kai-Leng showed up. ME3 multiplayer alone would've put the game head and shoulders above the other two.

That said, the actual gameplay looked fine in the videos. I do wonder what a classless system will do to the multi, if we see that again. Given those RMT packs they were selling it'd be hard to imagine that wouldn't be a permanent addition.

You actually felt space ninjas was a super cool addition to Mass Effect? Da fuck?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
ME3's a great game barring the initial ending which was fixed decently in citadel, which is the finest DLC (and fan service) the game series has ever had. ME3 multiplayer alone would've put the game head and shoulders above the other two.

Do you work for Bioware? This is categorically false in every sense of the word. Sorry in advance if this is truly your subjective opinion. ME3 is universally panned. I cannot imagine ME:A being any better to start things off. I hope I am brutally wrong, because I love the IP and universe - but it sure would be nice to see this in the hands of Bioware Circa 2001 rather than the shit show they have become today.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It is not universally panned. ME3's gameplay was fantastic. The ending sucked. The defense of the ending sucked harder. Clearly BioWare are cucks of the 3rd order. Whatever. Right up until that ending most players had a positive opinion of the game. Unfortunately if the last bit of something is shit, dumb people revise their opinion to categorize the preceding majority as shit. For that matter, ME3 MP was very popular long after the drama regarding the SP campaign was a dead horse.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Smuggly
Reactions: 3 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It is not universally panned. ME3's gameplay was fantastic. The ending sucked. The defense of the ending sucked harder. Clearly BioWare are cucks of the 3rd order. Whatever. Right up until that ending most players had a positive opinion of the game. Unfortunately if the last bit of something is shit, dumb people revise their opinion to categorize the preceding majority as shit. For that matter, ME3 MP was very popular long after the drama regarding the SP campaign was a dead horse.

Kai Leng nonsense was before the ending, but otherwise agree 100%

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

I liked ME3 probably the best of any of the games right up until I hit the original ending. That was such a WTF were they thinking moment it just baffled me. The updated ending was better but still pretty WTF. It was not until the citadel DLC that I felt gave it a good sense of closure to finish it up. The game play was way better than the first two mechanics wise and was very fun. As shown by me then playing the multiplayer pretty hardcore for almost a year after I beat the game. I am not normally a big fan of console shooters but the ME3 multiplayer scratched a game itch I did not know I had. They did a great job of adding content to it for free for a long time after the game was out.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

It's not 'dumb people' it's the fact that the ending was so goddamn bad it tainted the entire fucking series. I mean here is this epic trilogy where you're heavily invested in the story because the choices you make sort of matter, then you get to the end and realize that not only do none of the choices you made actually matter, but the ending you choose doesn't matter either. And then when you get jarred out of your immersion, you take a closer look and realize that aside from the actual mechanics of gameplay, ME3 was mediocre.

The importance of player choice has been Bioware's gimmick for years now, but almost none of your choices in any of the previous games amount to anything more than easter eggs in ME3. The only 'choices' that significantly affect the game are if you were retarded enough to let Garrus or Tali die during the suicide mission in ME2. To a far lesser extent Thane surviving the suicide mission (or Kirrahe surviving back on Virmire if Thane is dead) matters because it makes it easier to talk Ashley/Kaidan down during the final confrontation on the Citadel when Udina attempts a coup. Now I'm not expecting them to spend major amounts of resources developing unique bits of story for every obscure branch of choices, but at least a little bit to differentiate things would be great. Mordin died? Mission is the same with random Salarian replacement. Do you cure the genophage or sabotage the cure? Doesn't matter because you get Salarian war assets even if you piss off the Krogans! Sure the Salarians are worth a little less, but that doesn't matter unless you go out of your way to miss war assets at every single opportunity. Centuries of conflict between the Quarians and the Geth? Doesn't matter, it's basically impossible not to have enough paragon/renegade points at that point in the game to just brute force a positive solution for both. So any time where you would actually be faced with a difficult choice, you don't have to choose at all!

And even if you think that's just nitpicking, it's not like war assets themselves actually mattered at all until the extended ending.

Jozu

I played half of ME3 and stopped after I heard how terrible the ending was. Was a huge ME fanboy too, so it was hard for me to just stop playing, given I finished 1 and 2 with great satisfaction.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The biggest cop-out, for me, was the Rachni. It felt in Mass Effect that your decision of what to do with the Queen would have pretty significant consequences down the road. It was hinted at again in Mass Effect 2, that the Queen was out there and she was doing her part to be ready for when shit went down. She could, potentially, be Shepard's ace in the hole. Then ME3 comes around and all we get are zombie Rachni and then a blurb about War Assets.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I thought ME:3 was boring. Wasn't just the ending for me.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I didn't read the link, but is blue hair and a chopped penis required to be eligible?

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are giving Mass Effect 2 away for free on Origin right now. I have it on Steam, but you cannot get any of the DLC on Steam.

So, I got a few of the DLC packs and started a new game. Shadow Broker is as amazing as everyone always said it was. Cool story, the amount of gameplay you get was about perfect, the environments were baller, the boss battle was interesting, and the new 'unlocks' at the end are really great. The other DLC's are fine, but mostly meh.

ME2 is still the high-point in the series for me. Empire Strikes back of the ME universe.

• 1Solidarity

goishen

Macho Ma'am
They are giving Mass Effect 2 away for free on Origin right now. I have it on Steam, but you cannot get any of the DLC on Steam.

So, I got a few of the DLC packs and started a new game. Shadow Broker is as amazing as everyone always said it was. Cool story, the amount of gameplay you get was about perfect, the environments were baller, the boss battle was interesting, and the new 'unlocks' at the end are really great. The other DLC's are fine, but mostly meh.

You can, I've done it. All you have to do is come out of the game, d/l the DLC and then extract it and I believe point it at the right location. Although, I do have all the DLC's saved on my computer. Navigating BioWare's old site was a bitch.

I have a feeling that it's going to feel very DAI'ish. And no, I don't mean MMO grindy types of quests. What I mean is that they're gonna make us craft everything and having a gun that by itself can +crit47% (whereas before it depended where we hit them) kind'a sucks.

Last edited:

khalid

Unelected Mod
ME:3 was fucking great outside of the ending and the multiplayer was worth the price alone. Even if you hated the ending, Citadel was an incredible send-off of the franchise.

• 1Solidarity

Vaclav

You can, I've done it. All you have to do is come out of the game, d/l the DLC and then extract it and I believe point it at the right location. Although, I do have all the DLC's saved on my computer. Navigating BioWare's old site was a bitch.

I have a feeling that it's going to feel very DAI'ish. And no, I don't mean MMO grindy types of quests. What I mean is that they're gonna make us craft everything and having a gun that by itself can +crit47% (whereas before it depended where we hit them) kind'a sucks.

Hit location mattering on shooting isn't going away - there was a twitter comment a long time ago that covered that worry.