Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Fadaar

That guy
I liked it outside of the ending. Kai Leng was stupid but there was only a few parts he was in anyway.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
It's kind of amazing how many people incorrectly claim this.
Given that it's a subjective statement how confident can you really be that everyone who's said that has been incorrect?
FYI, I quite enjoyed playing ME3. Is that statement incorrect too? ;)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I like shooting aliens and flying around space while rocking cool looking helmets and slamming space trannies.

Series has always been a win for me!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gavin Twinky Sparkle Pony and Ut live in a world of self-absorbed delusion. There is only their opinion and other people's wrong opinions.

Ut's brain is likely damaged, I don't know what Sparkle-boys problem is.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Gavin Twinky Sparkle Pony and Ut live in a world of self-absorbed delusion. There is only their opinion and other people's wrong opinions.

Ut's brain is likely damaged, I don't know what Sparkle-boys problem is.

He sad

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
To each his own, but I thought ME3 was pretty fucking stale.

And let's be real, what are our real expectations for this new one? DA:I in space?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I never beat ME2, let alone ME3. Part 1 was decent, but the Mako scenes almost push it to mediocre. I'll wait for the FOH reviews on this one, since I know every shitty game site will be beating their dicks to this game, even if it's a turd.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
jfc u fucks ME3 was terrible because

1) Kai Lang was probably the dumbest fucking character ever put into a video game
2) The whole war effort was half assed bullshit that had zero impact on the game
3) The Prothean DLC was the biggest fuck you ever to fans of a game series
4) The abortion of an ending

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I never beat ME2, let alone ME3. Part 1 was decent, but the Mako scenes almost push it to mediocre. I'll wait for the FOH reviews on this one, since I know every shitty game site will be beating their dicks to this game, even if it's a turd.

I'm of the opinion that there's basically no way this can be good.

Bioware ain't what it once was. DA:O and ME1 were completely different games than DA:I and ME3. I really enjoyed the first of each series. An integral part of the series is the story, Bioware has intentionally done that. If you want to talk about the gameplay only then sure -- on a pure gameplay standing the games probably got slightly better with time. But you can't do that honestly. The story is a significant part of the experience. It's sold that way. It's made that way.

The story went from high fantasy tropes (which I enjoyed and were vague enough to let you create your own adventure around them while being specific enough to add a flavor to something you've seen before) to poorly disguised political propaganda in both series.

They ruined DA faster than ME though. They MIGHT try to go back to wide tropes and avoid hamfisted "insightful" political commentary. I seriously doubt it. I very seriously doubt it.

But who knows. Crazy shit happens. Maybe Bioware can release a good game. But you know how this goes. They're not going to. Some dicks can't be unsucked. That decision has come and gone. Bioware is a "politically relevant" production house now. That's their gimmick.

I don't need a sermon. I just want a game.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seriously, the Javik DLC was a total fucking slap in the face. So incredibly obvious that he was slated for the main game but they decided to cut him to sell as DLC. Kasumi and Zaeed had tiny little bits of dialogue here and there throughout ME2. Javik probably has more dialogue than any other character, he has something to say in response to damn near every single little thing that happens in the game.

• 1Like

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
How To Unlock Mass Effect 3 From Ashes DLC For Free - CINEMABLEND

Changing the text

MemberValidCID=22, MemberAvailablePlotLabel=IsSelectableProthean,

to

MemberValidCID=, MemberAvailablePlotLabel=,

in Coalesced.bin allows you to unlock Javik. Totally worth pulling out from the game and presenting back to consumers with a $10 price tag.

TA31ZQt.jpg

• 1Smuggly

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I ended up just pirating it on PC to see the DLC. Leviathan was pretty damn good too, and it confirmed that some of my theories were actually dead on, like my guess that the reason there are so many squid-form reapers is that the squid things were the species that created the reapers. Now I also based this on something that wasn't confirmed in the DLC, I guessed that the projectile that impacted Klendagon after disabling the derelict Reaper could only have come from a species that pre-dated the harvesting cycle.

Consider that although the story may have gone to shit, the Mass Effect writers were always pretty consistent with their ME created physics, so I assumed that a mass driver so powerful that a projectile fired from it could actually make it to another star system was written deliberately, rather than Abrams style stupidity. I cannot imagine a species being able to develop a weapon that powerful in the fifty thousand years between cycles, so that and the fact that the squid form reapers seem to be the default reaper body made me guess that the squids created them. Felt pretty good!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So we know we have two humans, an asari and a krogan as possible companions. Looks like the salarian is just the pilot, however the female turian is probably also a companion-type person. That leaves a few spaces for the addition of members of new races that we meet in Andromeda.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
jfc u fucks ME3 was terrible because

1) Kai Lang was probably the dumbest fucking character ever put into a video game
2) The whole war effort was half assed bullshit that had zero impact on the game
4) The abortion of an ending

This is what really enraged me about ME3. Eat a fucking dick Bioware.

I did really enjoy DA:I and if this is DA:I in space I will be totally fine with that.

Also Lawl at the Space Qunari as villains.

Is that the femshep in the voice over? If so I didn't care for it, thankfully I never play Femshep.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So based on this trailer....

Humans and Friends go to Andromeda. Humans and Friends are surprised that other aliens inhabit the Andromeda Galaxy... We likely seek to Manifest Destiny the shit out of them.

Still unconvinced. The music seems nice though.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So the main villain is Saren 2.0 ? Give me Harbinger from the first game, he made you shit your pants.