Masters of the Air

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He is in the the film industry, no idea how he had it. It didn't have the watermark for Oscar's but they have it hidden now so you can't see them I'm pretty sure

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
14864-oYToPjUFWCK7IUE63c56NIpGheY.jpg

Title: Masters of the Air

Genre: War & Politics, Drama

Cast: Anthony Boyle, Nate Mann, Raff Law, Austin Butler, Callum Turner, Barry Keoghan, Kieron Moore, Buck Braithwaite, Ncuti Gatwa, Darragh Cowley, Ben Vincent

First aired: 2024-01-25

Overview: During World War II, airmen risk their lives with the 100th Bomb Group, a brotherhood forged by courage, loss, and triumph.

Cybsled

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
First episode was promising but Irish Barry Keoghans American accent wasn't convincing. Some of the sets didn't feel convincing either

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I hope there are lots of blacks and fags in this, just like WW2!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Trash. Retread of a retread of a retread of a retread. At this point, we are long past tires and deep into grinding brake discs across the tarmac.

After looking at the casting choices, I didn't have to look up showrunner bios to know they are all absolutely flaming homos. Sure, they tossed in two pretty women to try to throw us off the trail, but that ruse doesn't work these days.

I had to laugh when one guy complimented another on his cologne in front of everyone. Yeah...in WWII anywhere that would have gotten you a term in prison if you were lucky.

A more fitting name for this show would be Twinks at Twilight.

• 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Trash. Retread of a retread of a retread of a retread. At this point, we are long past tires and deep into grinding brake discs across the tarmac.

After looking at the casting choices, I didn't have to look up showrunner bios to know they are all absolutely flaming homos. Sure, they tossed in two pretty women to try to throw us off the trail, but that ruse doesn't work these days.

I had to laugh when one guy complimented another on his cologne in front of everyone. Yeah...in WWII anywhere that would have gotten you a term in prison if you were lucky.

A more fitting name for this show would be Twinks at Twilight.

holy fuck, I was tempted to write a satirical review of all the woke elements to take the piss out of morons like you who see woke everywhere even when it doesn't exist. But then I thought "nah, some moron will do it for me anyway"

Just an FYI to anyone else:

- I've finished the two episodes and I'm yet to see a single non white person
- The show is ok so far but each episode has followed the same structure (ground - mission briefing - mission)
- Atmos sound track is decent but not overwhelming. I liked how my rear wide speakers were used for the engines of the B-17, it really felt like each engine was either side of me.
- Yes, Austin Butler's hairstyle seems way too perfect for WW2

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seems fine so far but I was hoping for Band of Brothers levels of epic and this can't polish BoB's boots. At this point I don't know if anything will ever be as good as Band of Brothers. Show was perfect.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
holy fuck, I was tempted to write a satirical review of all the woke elements to take the piss out of morons like you who see woke everywhere even when it doesn't exist. But then I thought "nah, some moron will do it for me anyway"

Just an FYI to anyone else:

- I've finished the two episodes and I'm yet to see a single non white person
- The show is ok so far but each episode has followed the same structure (ground - mission briefing - mission)
- Atmos sound track is decent but not overwhelming. I liked how my rear wide speakers were used for the engines of the B-17, it really felt like each engine was either side of me.
- Yes, Austin Butler's hairstyle seems way too perfect for WW2
What in flaming fuck are you talking about, dog cum guzzler?

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Seems fine so far but I was hoping for Band of Brothers levels of epic and this can't polish BoB's boots. At this point I don't know if anything will ever be as good as Band of Brothers. Show was perfect.
BoB started off pretty fucking slow too. The boot camp episodes are definitely the worst IMO, especially thanks to David Schwimmer. We'll see how this develops.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
BoB started off pretty fucking slow too. The boot camp episodes are definitely the worst IMO, especially thanks to David Schwimmer. We'll see how this develops.

Was going to say the same thing. BoB was a bit of a slow build. First two eps were good enough to keep me watching for now. I like the narration giving info on some of the behind the scenes stuff you don't normally hear about- the bomb sight thing, the ground crews etc. But I'm a sucker for historical details (which is why I like Dan Carlin's Hardcore History stuff so much).

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
another generic episode that followed formula of previous episodes. The preview for next week looks like it might break from this mould.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
another generic episode that followed formula of previous episodes. The preview for next week looks like it might break from this mould.
I mean, that was basically the life of an airman? Sit on the base/barracks fucking around until a mission, fly said mission, repeat.

I'm really enjoying this. Probably more than I did The Pacific(although, I appreciate the historical context of that series and depicting how brutal that theatre of war was).

The one thing about this show that annoys the shit out of me is all the goddamn CGI and green screen. I get that you have to do a lot of that for the stuff "in the air", but we can't film on location in Africa? Or somewhere that looks visually similar to Algeria? We have to constantly depict totally unrealistic skylines with horribly done green screen effects?

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This show definitely seems like it wil be better as a binge rather than wait weekly because of pacing.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rewatch it again.
That episode is actually great in how it builds all the bros and nothing is better than when Winters says

“Salute the rank not the man” to Schwimmer towards the end of the series.

he played an absolute asshole who was a piece of shit irl too

he nailed it

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

My grandfather loved the boot episodes. Even though he was in the Marines in WW2, he thought it felt fairly authentic.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Rewatch it again.
That episode is actually great in how it builds all the bros and nothing is better than when Winters says

“Salute the rank not the man” to Schwimmer towards the end of the series.

he played an absolute asshole who was a piece of shit irl too

he nailed it
They are "good" episodes, I'm not saying they necessarily aren't - I was comparing them to the rest of the series. There is no doubt that those first few episodes are a bit "slow" compared to the rest of them, except for maybe the end, when the war is at its relative "end".