Megalopolis

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
What exactly is bad about it? Is it just kind of a jumbled mess, is it the acting, or just the entire concept is retarded?

I honestly don't know exactly what it's supposed to be about, but I plan on watching it whenever comes to streams.
The 'acting' was laughable. There were several unneeded pauses and they did that thing where one person is having 1 conversation and the other person is having another (done WELL in Sopranos) except it's a jumbled mess. After my watch I still have zero idea what it was supposed to be about so cannot really speak to the concept.
I am a little mad that it's 25 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The 'acting' was laughable. There were several unneeded pauses and they did that thing where one person is having 1 conversation and the other person is having another (done WELL in Sopranos) except it's a jumbled mess. After my watch I still have zero idea what it was supposed to be about so cannot really speak to the concept.
I am a little mad that it's 25 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
I guess now I'm just more curious to check it out just because it sounds like such an oddity.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I watched some of this and came to the conclusion that it was made for an audience of only one, Coppola himself.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I watched some of this and came to the conclusion that it was made for an audience of only one, Coppola himself.
This is it. I watched it. The best scenes were aubrey plaza looking great, or Adam Driver saying "Go back to the club" in a way only a boomer could direct. Im sure the movie had some message, cause there are so many things that are just too on the nose (shia lebeuf giving a speach from a swastika shaped tree stump, his character cross dressing, then cleaning up his act to take over the family business, incest). The movie is some kind of boomer fever dream, I think.

It is definitely a work of art. This was a man, who had a vision, put up his own money, got to work with his hand picked cast of characters, didnt let anyone meddle in his work, and made a fuckin mess. Its realistically what more old directors who have made their fortunes should do, but I do hope that one of these times the movie is actually good. Put up your own money, tell the studios to fuck off, cast whoever you want, fuckin go for it. Just one time, go out strong. (I guess Scorsese is kind of doing this, but actually making watchable things)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
This is it. I watched it. The best scenes were aubrey plaza looking great, or Adam Driver saying "Go back to the club" in a way only a boomer could direct. Im sure the movie had some message, cause there are so many things that are just too on the nose (shia lebeuf giving a speach from a swastika shaped tree stump, his character cross dressing, then cleaning up his act to take over the family business, incest). The movie is some kind of boomer fever dream, I think.

It is definitely a work of art. This was a man, who had a vision, put up his own money, got to work with his hand picked cast of characters, didnt let anyone meddle in his work, and made a fuckin mess. Its realistically what more old directors who have made their fortunes should do, but I do hope that one of these times the movie is actually good. Put up your own money, tell the studios to fuck off, cast whoever you want, fuckin go for it. Just one time, go out strong. (I guess Scorsese is kind of doing this, but actually making watchable things)
Doesn't David Lynch do that, or at least tell the studios to screw off, and he makes whatever the hell weird ass movie he wants to make?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I really hope someone gets killed by it, it does look like a fun weapon
it's kinda hard to hold, cuz it's unwieldy, but in nyc you don't have many choices either, 2nd year is when my school required drafting class, some of us would still carry it around after it was over, it was longer than all backpacks so we put it thru the backpack top handle and down, i guess like this
wonder-woman-sword.gif

but w/ a backpack