Men's Fashion

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also been rocking Bonobos performance link athletic fit, and I enjoy them. They're a bit pricey at ~$100. Also like the JCrew stuff.

Any other brands I should look at for athletic fit chino/business casual pants?

I found Charles tyrwhit slimfit shirts are perfect out of the box for my body type.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Also been rocking Bonobos performance link athletic fit, and I enjoy them. They're a bit pricey at ~$100. Also like the JCrew stuff.

Any other brands I should look at for athletic fit chino/business casual pants?

I found Charles tyrwhit slimfit shirts are perfect out of the box for my body type.

I've been trying to find some new go to Chinos and the Bonobos were on my list to try, good to hear they seem to work. I was a big Bonobos fan back probably 10 years ago but kind of forgot about them.

I have a couple of Taylor Stitch oxfords that I like a lot, along with a couple Spier and Mackay pique polos. May order a Sunspel to compare, but the Spier fits perfect and is a good price.

But yeah, chinos I haven't quite looked at yet. Trying to remember what else was on my list, I think. Oh, I do have a pair of these that I like, forgot about that. Huckberry 365 Chino. I found the Straight worked well enough for me in a 30. I originally ordered the athletic or slim and they were way too skinny for my style.

Oh, I have two pair of these by AG that I've worn consistently for over 10 years and they've held up amazing. I'm just not paying $200 per pair of pants these days. One in khaki and one in navy is all I needed. AG Jeans.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah bonobos are nice but is it $120 nice? Not sure. If you shop the sales they can be good deals.

They fit really nice and feel great though

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
AladainAF AladainAF how does it feel to have been ahead of the curve?

I actually havent worn shitty shoes (like New Balance) in a few years. I just wear Brooks now, which are fantastic.

New Balance shoes, in hindsight, are pieces of shit. They aren't healthy/good for your feet.

• 1Pants on Fire!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
NB are the only shoes that have ever been comfortable for me since my feet are kinda wide. Bought a new pair in 2020 that were the (mostly) made in America version and still wearing them every day today. Little worn out now, but still more comfortable than other shoes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I actually havent worn shitty shoes (like New Balance) in a few years. I just wear Brooks now, which are fantastic.

New Balance shoes, in hindsight, are pieces of shit. They aren't healthy/good for your feet.
Just bought some brooks glycerin's the other day. Really enjoy them. They have a nice bounce

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

so now they're in fashion why did you stop wearing them unless you're intentionally trying to be a hipster who liked them before they were cool?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Finally picked up some Asics Gel-Nimbus 25's - shockingly they're more comfortable than my Hoka Clifton's & Brooks Glycerin's. I can't believe how comfy and springy these things are.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I had some Adidas Ultraboost 19's there were awesome for an everyday sneaker. Replaced those with Ultraboost 22's; no where close as comfortable. Also, had to look them up on my purchase history... have been putting up with the 22's for a year and a half. Should have just returned them from the start.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Finally picked up some Asics Gel-Nimbus 25's - shockingly they're more comfortable than my Hoka Clifton's & Brooks Glycerin's. I can't believe how comfy and springy these things are.

Asics are my go-tos. Their only disadvantage (and other JP brands like Mizuno) is outsole durability. I usually get around 300-350 miles out of them, whereas I can get over 500 on a pair of Brooks (albeit the Brooks aren't quite as comfy).

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I had some Adidas Ultraboost 19's there were awesome for an everyday sneaker. Replaced those with Ultraboost 22's; no where close as comfortable. Also, had to look them up on my purchase history... have been putting up with the 22's for a year and a half. Should have just returned them from the start.
I had some old 2019 ultraboosts also and loved them. Then I also tried a pair of the 22's - absolute dogshit.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I had a pair of prescription orthotics made earlier this year when I had a bit of plantar fasciitis, put those in my Brooks Glycerin and whoo boy. I asked for a pair for all my shoes those things felt so good. They turned me down saying I’d need a new prescription for each pair.

• 1WTF

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
so now they're in fashion why did you stop wearing them unless you're intentionally trying to be a hipster who liked them before they were cool?
I don't give two fucks about fashion I'm only in this thread because you tagged me here. At the time the shoes seemed pretty comfortable, today they would probably still be comfortable. But I've learned a lot about shoes since I've been having some ankle issues and have learned that very few shoes are actually built very well Brooks being one of them and so I've stuck with them and they are also comfortable.

Take your shoes and see how far you can fold the tip of the shoe toward the back of the shoe in like a u-shape. You should barely be able to move the tip of the shoe towards the back at all. With Brooks shoes you can barely do that. With new balance, nike, reebok, and just about every other popular brand you can fold them almost completely over. That's the sign of a very weak shoe providing limited support for your feet.

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
Looking for brand suggestion on plain old t shirts that have a more athletic fit. Gildan t-shirts are too boxy. Lululemon is nice but I’m not paying $60 a t-shirt for a wear item.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I bought a bunch of the fresh clean threads ones (but the original brand, not theirs). Someone linked it earlier but it was Jiffy or something.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Jiffy.com

And look for "Next Level" T-Shirts. The 6410s and the sueded ones are dirt cheap plain shirts and are incredible. Nicer fit, not mega tight. Buy one of each model and see what you like fit-wise.

I need to buy some more.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ok how long do underwear and undershirts last for everyone? I'm trying to figure out if there's a point to buying stuff that's not basic fruit of the loom.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I go with the cotton, trunk cut fruit of the loom underwear. Idk, something about the way the fruit of the loom cotton stuff feels is great. Cheap enough that I don't mind buying another large pack every year or so.

Ditched undershirts long ago, hate them.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I use just Hanes cotton undershirts just to avoid deodorant stains in my nice shirts. If you don't want to see the T-shirt collar just buy their V necks

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users