Men's Fashion

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking for brand suggestion on plain old t shirts that have a more athletic fit. Gildan t-shirts are too boxy. Lululemon is nice but I’m not paying $60 a t-shirt for a wear item.

I like J. Crew’s broken in t-shirts. They wear well and seem to last, plus they come in a few different fits. Bonus, they’re on sale right now.

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
I like J. Crew’s broken in t-shirts. They wear well and seem to last, plus they come in a few different fits. Bonus, they’re on sale right now.
Dude wtf happened to j crew? Local store closed

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
McQueen McQueen or anyone else.. What are y’all doing for sneakers these days? I usually wear Alden shoes but looking for sneakers to dress down. Seems like the leather common projects type sneakers are in. I’m not willing to pay the price for common projects. Suggestions on brands and styles?
IMG_9352.jpeg

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Also need some Jean recs. Used to do the raw denim thing… Just looking for jeans that aren’t skinny jeans and fit dudes that squat.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
McQueen McQueen or anyone else.. What are y’all doing for sneakers these days? I usually wear Alden shoes but looking for sneakers to dress down. Seems like the leather common projects type sneakers are in. I’m not willing to pay the price for common projects. Suggestions on brands and styles?
View attachment 543831

I posted earlier that I've been wearing my Koio for the last two months and have 0 complaints. They're comfortable out of the box, veg tanned leather, and have held up very well.

I also have a pair of Crown Northampton on the way but won't be here until late September.

There are a couple of other brands out there that are way more value compared to the Common Projects.

For Jeans I have two pair of these and they're fine. I don't wear a ton of jeans but they're comfortable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I posted earlier that I've been wearing my Koio for the last two months and have 0 complaints. They're comfortable out of the box, veg tanned leather, and have held up very well.

I also have a pair of Crown Northampton on the way but won't be here until late September.

There are a couple of other brands out there that are way more value compared to the Common Projects.

For Jeans I have two pair of these and they're fine. I don't wear a ton of jeans but they're comfortable.

What socks do you wear with the koios?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 543831
You can get basically these same shoes from Banana Republic factory for like $50. I bought some for summer and they do the job. If you wanna go a bit nicer, Thursday makes some really nice sneakers in a lot of different colors.

I wear raw denim and normal sanforized denim. Uniqlo has honestly been a game changer in price and comfort. They run a bit big is my only complaint.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah, I said I was going to pick up a pair of Thursdays to compare. Still need to do that. The two pair of boots I have from them make me feel comfortable about giving the sneaker a shot.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alright bros how do I build a 'business casual' wardrobe without spending infinity dollars. All the shitty blogs that come up on Google want me to jut buy 150$ fitted shirts and suit pants and that seems like overkill.

I've literally never had to do this in my 25 years of working lol

Jeans are apparently okay and I've got that covered, but what's your go-to pants for the slightly-above-jeans-tier dress code?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bonobos performance link pants are really nice but shop sales.

I also like my JCrew tech pants. Any brand of chinos with a more athletic/slim fit are nice to be honest. Some people even swear by the ones target carries.

• 1Like

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Alright bros how do I build a 'business casual' wardrobe without spending infinity dollars. All the shitty blogs that come up on Google want me to jut buy 150$ fitted shirts and suit pants and that seems like overkill.

Jeans are apparently okay and I've got that covered, but what's your go-to pants for the slightly-above-jeans-tier dress code?
It's really not a matter of brand, you can go to Ross and find slacks that fit. Just go try them on until you find a brand that fits you properly, and then buy more of that brand.

I wear slacks/button-up to the office most of the time, $30 amazon brand button-ups are fine, there's absolutely no reason to buy $150 pants.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Outlet malls are money. JCrew and Banana Republic factory stores, their websites also go even cheaper than the stores with more discounts. Nordstrom rack and Ross also other good options. Some times you can find decent stuff at Old Navy or Amazon.

• 3Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

When I was around the lawyer crowd/courtroom a lot, I got away with Charles Tyrwhitt shirts and j crew/Bonobo pants when I wasn't in a suit. If you need button downs, the Tyrwhitt shirts are really solid, and they're to your measurements - they also always run a 3 for $99 sale, so don't buy them full price.

I currently do a lot of Under Armour/Travis Mathew golf polos and slacks/chinos which is fine where I'm at now, you just want to be conscious of some of the tech prints from UA as they look very "coach"-ish. You could probably get away with aforementioned pants of any sorts that have a good fit, and the nicer Jiffy.com t-shirts listed a page back. The Next Level black shirts with pants and decent shoes can get you far depending on how laid-back the "business casual" tag really is.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
+1 for Charles Tyrwhitt shirts. They're always on sale.

I found the slim ones fit good, but find a good tailor just in case.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hmm 3/100$ seems pretty fair to me, I'll have to check it out.

It's not hard line business casual and shit like flannels etc are allowed, I've just been so out of the world for so long in my weird little IT bsaement/WFH setups that I got rid of all my clothes that were even close lol

Thanks bros

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hmm 3/100$ seems pretty fair to me, I'll have to check it out.

It's not hard line business casual and shit like flannels etc are allowed, I've just been so out of the world for so long in my weird little IT bsaement/WFH setups that I got rid of all my clothes that were even close lol

Thanks bros

Same thing happened to me. Spend 5 years working in my boxers and suddenly have to go back to meetings. Luckily a lot of my stuff still fit but I did want more fitted stuff than what I bought 10 years ago.

• 1Like