Military Thread

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I am like 90% sure you would have had the up or out rule put on you in the army. At least when I was at Fort Bragg.

I never met a 20 year E5. Not one.
USMC was E5 by 8 years and E6 by 12 or you where kicked out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
USMC was E5 by 8 years and E6 by 12 or you where kicked out.

my first expediter (shift lead for your shop basically) in the AF retired as a 20 yr E-6 in... 2011? guy had never PCS'd either, he was in Goldsboro his whole 20. benefited me though cause he went on to work at one of the local gun shops, would hook us up with good deals.

• 1Like

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Well that IS kinda wild

The Army RCP for E5 is 14yrs...Air Force just moved to 22yrs?!?

1727142489811.png

• 1Like

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

nettripper

N00b
Thank you for the replies

Since I didn’t change my retirement to be 401k style and kept it the old high three I just keep coasting

I have seen what my WAPS scores have been with zero studying and I still get close to ranking up

I will actually study and try for real when there is four years left till 20 and with waiting this long my line number will pretty much be pass and insta rank and then I still have the 21-22 year buffer to make sure it’s high three of TSGT

I made sure after all these years there is zero punishment for not ranking up and they can’t ever pull a “we know you’re messing up on purpose” as nobody can read your mind

I have been cryptic as I don’t want to dox myself just it’s Air Force life and I made sure it was computer related job so it’s very white collar style comfy life and always interesting not a customer service style job

I like doing the job my career field is meant for but I have never liked volunteering for community service stuff, writing award packages, having troops, or management, morale, all non work related things and when you hit E6 tech they start making you do all those things big time

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
Virtually all services recruiting + retention is shit. Pretty much every service lets you retire at E5 now or damn near it.

We don't kick ppl out for not advancing anymore, or for being fat, or failing physical fitness standards, or being too dumb to train (10 ASVAB)

The truth is there is no such thing as "retiring" at 20, you just get moved to inactive reserve. We are 100% going to war with China by 2027 if not sooner. Every single person who did their 20, submitted a "retirement" package even as an E5 is getting called back up in 2027.