Military Thread

nettripper

N00b
When I was at a joint base the army flight chief think we still called her flight chief was a sergeant first class rank E7 and her spiel was seven in seven for how she did it

My way of doing things only stings when I have to stand up and clap along with the rest of the flight when the front office goes around to congratulate people who rank up then it’s in my face but for the most part I don’t have to face that reality

On Facebook I had to see a peep that I’m still connected to who we were in basic together and tech school together is now a E8 so he just made that in 14ish years …pretty sure he made E5 first try and E6 second or maybe first try as well and I don’t remember his E7

My way has saved my hair and my youthfulness as all the people higher rank are bald or balding and always complaining and I hold my tongue from telling them well then they shouldn’t of ranked up

And the other thing that saves me is they never threatened to send me to ALS early and make me do E5 stuff as an E4 or make me do E6 stuff as an E5 which then I should get paid for such things and rank up

The extra 700-800 more I would insta be making more for ranking up is not worth doing the things I’m avoiding

The people of higher ranks I always see putting in more than the scheduled duty day on hours is no bueno for me

I want to gym
I want my free time
Being in charge of things having to coordinate and do things outside of work hours is no thank you

We are talking years and years of messing around dating and the more I kept work nettripper and civilian nettripper apart made it all possible

I want to finish my 20 and get the civilian version of my job and make the six figures and the only thing that kept me from pulling that trigger sooner was I like my military job and the comfiness

Last edited: