Minecraft

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2 days ago was my first time ever playing MC and it was on Xbox. I at least now finally understand the appeal. Little overwhelming at first, but take a basic idea of finding a spot, and then building yourself a house to protect against bad guys that go bump in the night, and it just takes off from there.

Can easily spend countless hours just messing around with your "house", let alone if you start getting into all the other stuff like rollercoasters, etc.

Little late to the MC party, but I'm here! haha

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm waiting for inspiration
smile.png

I kinda want to make a sexy sewer system. Something Ninja Turtles could bang in.

smile.png

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Since nobody seems to have logged any substantial time since January, I'm going to suspend payment on the Minecraft server.

I'll save the worlds we've made, and I'll be happy to send them out should someone else wish to run a server for the board.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Since nobody seems to have logged any substantial time since January, I'm going to suspend payment on the Minecraft server.

I'll save the worlds we've made, and I'll be happy to send them out should someone else wish to run a server for the board.
Had no idea the server was still up. But 1 month or so for Vanilla is usually when people burn out. And 3 days or so for Tekkit :p

Haalen_sl

shitlord

What hosting service were you using? I've never played but I'm seriously considering it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think we should have maybe built something togehter rather than 10+ seperate castles.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider

How much does it cost to host a server? and how? I'm interested in hosting a world
smile.png

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think we should have maybe built something togehter rather than 10+ seperate castles.
Happens every single time though lol. A lot of people like the idea of still only working on their own stuff on a multiplayer server. If we ever start up another project of some sort again, I'm all in.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Happens every single time though lol. A lot of people like the idea of still only working on their own stuff on a multiplayer server. If we ever start up another project of some sort again, I'm all in.
That needs people who know what they're doing to step up with a plan though. Not much of that going around.

How much does it cost to host a server? and how? I'm interested in hosting a world
smile.png
Not sure what Nemesis used -http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/.../mc-minecraft/is roughly $10 + 50c per player slot per month. $20 for 30 players. But the price jumps if you start requiring extra RAM - which you probably would for 30 players. For 10 players or less the default is fine even on a Tekkit server which is much more demanding than vanilla I think.

Works very well I think. Their server management app is straightforward and easy enough to use if you spend some time getting used to permission settings and stuff. Not rocket science but there is some file editing involved. I am sure there are other, better services but multiplay has worked for me. We never had more than 8~ people on at once on the tekkit server though. Maybe less. I don't think anyone ever complained of lag. There were a few crashes but all were due to mods crapping up.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
For 10 players or less the default is fine even on a Tekkit server which is much more demanding than vanilla I think.
Back when I was renting a server I had to way over-rate the server before I had enough RAM for Tekkit. The server I rented was rated by the company for 30 people and it could barely run 10 people on Tekkit. Those mods are hogs. =(

After a while I decided to just buy a referb server blade for 150ish and host my own server directly. Personally I think that's the better route since you can host other things on it as well and will eventually save you money if you play long enough. The only downside is the noise. It sounds like I have a miniature jet engine in my room now.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I've been using MCProHosting

it's $10 a month for 1gb RAM and approx 23 players. Plenty to support a server like the one I've been running for the boards.

their customer service is good, and their uptime is excellent - in case anyone was interested in hosting one of their own.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been using MCProHosting

it's $10 a month for 1gb RAM and approx 23 players. Plenty to support a server like the one I've been running for the boards.

their customer service is good, and their uptime is excellent - in case anyone was interested in hosting one of their own.
I've started a new SMP server for us. It's got Lockette, /sethome and /spawn active.

The map is a MASSIVE jungle area. I've got large biomes on and awhitelist. Shoot me a private message to be added.I won't be bringing up the server until Thursday 04/18/2013