Minecraft

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll have a render of the starting area by Tuesday morning. If anyone else would like to be whitelisted shoot me a PM. I will be opening the server up Thursday 04/18/2013. It is Bukkit enabled, running Lockette, Essentials, Anti Cheat and a few other basic plugins.

Haalen_sl

shitlord
A couple of friends and I are thinking about doing this but none of us have actually played the PC version. Are there any mods that wouldn't be overwhelming for noobs or should be just stick with Vanilla? I've watched a bunch of tekkit and feed the beast vids (yogscast), but that's about it.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
feed the beast vids (yogscast),
Yogscast makes me cry the way they've been fumbling about in their new Yogcraft FTB pack. Frankly any of the packs can be quite overwhelming at first, after a while you do get more use to them. Personally if I were introducing someone to Minecraft for the first time I'd advise them to stick with Vanilla at first until they got their feet under them. If you really want to learn FTB I'd highly suggestDirewolf20'syoutube channel. Start watching his Season 5 Let's play and he'll teach you a ton of stuff.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Render of upcoming SMP server; opening on Thursday 04/18/2013. Shoot me a PM for whitelist. I'll release the IP information. Minecraft version 1.5.1
Large Biomes are active. Bukkit, Lockette, Essentials and a few other plugins are live; /sethome and /spawn working properly. Trying to keep this as vanilla as possible.
biggrin.png

rrr_img_20968.jpg
rrr_img_20969.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I am pretty sure I wouldn't even know how to play without many of the FTB mods anymore. McFly, I'm assuming your new server is vanilla except for the security plugins you mentioned?

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am pretty sure I wouldn't even know how to play without many of the FTB mods anymore. McFly, I'm assuming your new server is vanilla except for the security plugins you mentioned?
I'm trying to keep it vanilla to start. I always have the option of throwing FTB or Tekkit Lite/Classic in there.

I am in the process of developing a rough blueprint of some community projects to build in this new map. I'm building in many trapped structures throughout the jungle.

Whomever wants to come along for the ride is welcome.
biggrin.png

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
New server you say?! Pretty much the most fun in MC every time a new one pops up for us. Count me in.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Saladus, I added you to the whitelist. My ancient memory is failing so I assumed it was spelled Saladus?

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yes. And I agree on aiming for community projects. Seems to keep people interested the longest. Best stretch we had was for the city.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you're looking for some nice mods, I really like Mo Creatures. You can disable all the crazy hostile monsters if you like and just keep the more atmospheric critters, adds a lot to the game for me. That's about the only mod I'm running on my friends/family server, although I think I'm going to add Biomes O' Plenty because it looks really well done.

I do use some plugins but nothing that really alter the gameplay much (Otherdrops, Experienced Miner, and Essentials)

Edit: this was supposed to be in response to Haalen >.>

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Can we take the community atmosphere a little further and have a community mine/chest farm?

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can we take the community atmosphere a little further and have a community mine/chest farm?
I am in the process of creating a spawn area that will be large enough to house community chests, nether portal, potion crafting, enchanting area, anvil area etc.

I am also littering the jungle with mob traps, hidden treasure chests, pitfalls and tripwires.

I am also going to develop some plans for a surrounding community project, more to come.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jalynfane, Vehn & brekk added to the whitelist.

Keep in mind the server will be coming online on Thursday April 18th. @~9am.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I look forward to it being a ghost town in 2 weeks
It's cool if people drop off. If its enjoyable for 2 weeks; that's 2 weeks of enjoyment. Especially if I start to hunt you guys down. I have a feeling it will become Mcfly Vs. Everyone. ;-)