Minecraft

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've rendered a few of my own single player maps a while ago, is it fine to do in multiplayer? I've honestly never tried. I mean, I know that you've done it already but I'm curious because I know you're the admin and whatnot
tongue.png

tongue.png

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I think to render the map you have to have the data file for the server world/seed. If I had access to the save file, then I can see where all the ore/chests/special loot is, so I wager McFly is reluctant to hand out the save file.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
O3pakMx.jpg

Coming for you McFly.

Does blacksmithing and enchanting have a chance to fail? Just tried to put a Smite IV on a sword and it ate my levels and book but didn't give the enchant.

O3pakMx.jpg

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
O3pakMx.jpg

Coming for you McFly.

Does blacksmithing and enchanting have a chance to fail? Just tried to put a Smite IV on a sword and it ate my levels and book but didn't give the enchant.
I have seen it where it eats levels and books. I don't think it's a chance to fail more than a glitch.

O3pakMx.jpg

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well I logged in for first time last night and took the project portal and did not see a whole lot. So, I picked a direction and just ran for a while till I hit the coast. I am just going to start digging and storing what I can for anyone to use as mats. As soon as I can figure out how to make my own portal and get cooking I may put one up to where I am. If anyone has an extra blank map, let me know (so I can figure out where the hell everything is). (I'll start trying to work on mats to make one in the mean time).

I did have a few questions though:
1) Azz told me the /sethome command and /home to port back there. For now that is ok, but any others I should especially need to know?
2) Anything in particular needed?
3) Lastly.. any good URL's I can check over to find out more detail on the enchants and books(which I do not remember unless it is something new with the latest patch or two) etc.., so I dont keep asking a ton of questions I should be able to look up myself?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I just tried to purchase smooth sandstone ($4). It charged me $10 and didn't give me anything.

Nice little scam we got running here :p

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have seen it where it eats levels and books. I don't think it's a chance to fail more than a glitch.
Well that's lame, that was a lot of farming and a lucky random. Yeah 4th enchant now that's failed, That's like 100+ levels and 4 enchanting books down the drain. Not fun.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Are you trying to add a book to an item you can't? Like you can't have protection and protection against fire on the same item. Or silk touch and fortune. Some times it says you can and eats the exp and book but doesn't give it to you cause it's not a viable enchant.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone have experience with buildcraft in multiplayer? I've got it running on my family server and it's cool, but the conductive pipes seem glitch as fuck, to the point where I just have to afk near them or they stop working. Kinda defeats the purpose :/

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Are you staying within the same chunk? If you don't have a mod setup that keeps that chunk active, like chickenchunks, while you aren't near it it'll f things up.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are you trying to add a book to an item you can't? Like you can't have protection and protection against fire on the same item. Or silk touch and fortune. Some times it says you can and eats the exp and book but doesn't give it to you cause it's not a viable enchant.
It was Smite V to a sword that already had Sharpness and Protection IV to a chest piece that had fire protection. the rest were just efficiency to digging tools that had nothing.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
There is a limit to how many chants a diamond item can have. Gold items can have more enchants. That might be the issue?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
It was Smite V to a sword that already had Sharpness and Protection IV to a chest piece that had fire protection. the rest were just efficiency to digging tools that had nothing.
You can not have Smite and Sharpness on the same weapon. Also can not have two different protection enchants on the same armor piece. What really ticks me off with enchanting is the different max levels. Some of them can go to 5, others max at 1-3 and don't seem to tell you. I've wasted a bunch of books trying to raise certain things above their limit because I didn't know they stopped at 1 or 2.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are you staying within the same chunk? If you don't have a mod setup that keeps that chunk active, like chickenchunks, while you aren't near it it'll f things up.
I tried using chickenchunks but the chunk block itself was broken. The quarry is supposed to keep chunks loaded but isn't. And the main problem is I have to reset the pipes when I log back on.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Well I logged in for first time last night and took the project portal and did not see a whole lot. So, I picked a direction and just ran for a while till I hit the coast. I am just going to start digging and storing what I can for anyone to use as mats. As soon as I can figure out how to make my own portal and get cooking I may put one up to where I am. If anyone has an extra blank map, let me know (so I can figure out where the hell everything is). (I'll start trying to work on mats to make one in the mean time).

I did have a few questions though:
1) Azz told me the /sethome command and /home to port back there. For now that is ok, but any others I should especially need to know?
2) Anything in particular needed?
3) Lastly.. any good URL's I can check over to find out more detail on the enchants and books(which I do not remember unless it is something new with the latest patch or two) etc.., so I dont keep asking a ton of questions I should be able to look up myself?
Right now the "project" teleport will take you to the town we're trying to build. There s a smithy, cottage (WIP), strip club, stables, the big crazy house on the hill right now. The plan is to connect the big house on the hill to the NPC village(s). If we could connect it to one already that would be nice.

Sutekh - you need to bring that house to the project and make your own medieval Asiatown thing. It looks really good.

Anyone have experience with buildcraft in multiplayer? I've got it running on my family server and it's cool, but the conductive pipes seem glitch as fuck, to the point where I just have to afk near them or they stop working. Kinda defeats the purpose :/
Look up world anchors or chunk loaders - I think buildcraft has one of those as craftable blocks. You craft it, place it somewhere, and whatever chunk it is placed it will stay loaded at all times. Otherwise chunks (64x64x64 blocks I think?) will only load around the player. Something like the player's current chunk and every chunk around it - don't quote me on the specifics. But if you have an oil rig 100000 miles away in the ocean pumping oil to your house on the Mountain of Doom way inland - it will not work unless you keep every chunk with pipes and machinery loaded at all times.

If that is not the problem then try and descrive what happens exactly. But having to stand there for the pipes to work is a clear sign of chunks not loading properly where there are pipes.

I also think that overall the Redstone mod pipes work better - if you are interested in machinery mods at all you should definitely look up the FTB (Feed the beast) modpack or Tekkit. But FTB - really.