Minecraft

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I play on PS4. It only cost me $5 because it somehow knew I had the physical version (which I got rid of months ago) but still gave me the digital discount? It's fun because its easier to hook up with friends and build stuff. Its also nice because it has a crafting UI and it tells you what you need to build something.

Only complaint is that there aren't persistent online worlds. Lets say you wanna work on my world, well I need to be in the game for you to join.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone play this on the PS4? How is it?
It's fun but the lack of servers really makes it a single player experience for the most part. I love playing it with a controller though. They really need to bring that over to the PC.

Rime

<Donor>
Can't miss anything you've never had ;D I never used mods on PC version
Mods are where it is at.

I used to think like you, then I got into the modding scene. Vanilla Minecraft is just so... empty ...compared to what mods can add. Even not using the obviously broken/overpowered mods that let you become infinitely self-sufficient, just some of the machines you can build are incredible. That is not even getting started on the different dimensions that the various mods add.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Mods, the only place were a Tokamak Fusion reactor actually works...

rrr_img_77288.jpg

rrr_img_77289.jpg

Rime

<Donor>
Making an IC2 reactor was both the most satisfying and disappointing thing I have ever done in that game.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Thoose produce 8.5GW shaft power(Going into a Aura Battery that can store almost 5 terajoule(go go conversion rates..))

Redstone-Flux Turbines produce 16kRF/tick(once turbine is at full spin)
rrr_img_77294.jpg

Deuterium Production
rrr_img_77296.jpg

Fucking field breach.(My one issue with this is that once you have it running you can't shut it down =/)
rrr_img_77295.jpg

Overall though, it's a fun build but a fucking logistic nightmare until you can get it too the point of self sustainability.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I still enjoy the simplicity of vanilla MC. I find the goals to be different between vanilla and modding communities. Vanilla is about building impressive structures by gathering crazy amounts of materials "by hand". Most mods are about gathering crazy amounts of materials to build crazy amounts of machines to gather crazy amounts of materials to power crazy amounts of machines to build more machines and automation and jetpacks and volcanoes and fusion and... .. ... ..

On modded servers you don't often see impressive structures or IRL architectural recreation. It's mostly about building your lab and automating everything forever always.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I tend to do more building in modded. At first it's like you said, set up the shack and gather materials. Then I start construction on my fancy base. If I had to do all that gathering by hand I'd get bored and stop playing far before I had finished any fancy builds.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
This look more to me like an autocad light than a game. Some of you enjoying this chose the wrong career :p

Rime

<Donor>
The Yogscast complete pack is absolutely overwhelming, but it is a lot of fun.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
I still enjoy the simplicity of vanilla MC. I find the goals to be different between vanilla and modding communities. Vanilla is about building impressive structures by gathering crazy amounts of materials "by hand". Most mods are about gathering crazy amounts of materials to build crazy amounts of machines to gather crazy amounts of materials to power crazy amounts of machines to build more machines and automation and jetpacks and volcanoes and fusion and... .. ... ..
Always found that modded MC is about working towards earning creative mod. I don't have the patience to gather mats with a regular pick to build the hanging gardens or w/e. And I cannot play creative more than a minute before getting bored. Modpacks are a great middle ground for me.