xzi

Mouthbreather
Wait are we considering a community server again? because I'm fuckin' down

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm always considering picking up Minecraft again, so I'd probably be down for playing hard and heavy for a month or so and then abandoning it because I planned bigger than my ability to follow through. And got tired of mining obsidian, since that's what I like to build with.

No idea the mod packs available anymore though, as last time I played was when we had that server with the Tinker's tools, that Promised Land-type plane with all the druids, and the magic mod where you had to research all the shit and build massive altars and shit. So I'd probably be down for closer to vanilla as well, so I don't have to watch dozens of videos just to catch up on each mod (just the dozens required to catch up on vanilla). With a few quality of life enhancements as needed.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Locked chests and easier slimeball farming is all I need ;)

Maybe one fast travel point you can set on your character

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
My three and half years old sure loves it. We play an hour or two per week on the Wii U but he asks me about it every day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Daughter has been playing it since she was 5. Now at 8 she plays it every day.

Creative doe

Kids can't handle the grind and reward of mining for materials

• 2Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
The only true reward is being able to make giant dicks on command without going out of your way to farm for it

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Why does FTB want me to install some kind of Curse software? What is happening?

Citz

Silver Squire
Curse bought FTB (and then Curse got bought by Amazon). So now, everything FTB related is on the Curse launcher.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Came to post that, I want to load that up to take a look. I wonder how much of it was done outside of Minecraft. A lot of repetitive structures in it.

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Www.mystichorizons.Com is still up. My wife and I dropped out of it but our friend still runs it (she's been doing it the last couple of years anyway). Her power went out for a few days so server may be down for a couple of days.

Not too many people on it so bring friends unless you don't mind playing alone from time to time.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
11 year old niece watched some set of these videos:

She wants to play "Shadowcraft", which is a loose collection of mods, some obscure, some standard. All compatible with 1.7.2 and based on Forge.

I hadn't set up a server before and hadn't done much modding, but I downloaded it all and worked it out. Not too hard except I had to install a different JRE.

I picked Minecraft-worlds.com : Minecraft World Servers Hosting to host because it seemed as good as any and supported Forge 1.7.2 and open ports for Dynmap.

The server seems ok so far, good uptime, not much latency, but the CPU seems to cap out when it's just me tooling around and I'm wondering if it'll scale with multiple people. Is there a particularly popular minecraft hosting service that can easily support <5 people with <$10 a month cost, and has fairly open modability?

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I set up a server a few months ago running FTB: Infinity Evolved so my GF could try the game. Didn't play on it for a while, but got back into it last weekend.

PM me for deets if anyone wants to mess around.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd like to see an EverQuest biomes mod.
Randomly generated but in-theme structures, relevant mobs.
Quests.
Using iconic EQ stuff in crafting recipes.