Minecraft

Azziane_sl

shitlord
You should not get any conflict at all if you're installing the default pack. I assume to tinkered and customized it some? I'd be curious to know what you added if you did.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
You should not get any conflict at all if you're installing the default pack. I assume to tinkered and customized it some? I'd be curious to know what you added if you did.
I didn't use FTB. I built my own 1.6.4 "pack" since it's taking FTB forever to put out their 1.6 packs. Mostly because I wanted to play with Thaumcraft 4, I really like the changes he's made to it. Ars Magica 2 is another one I've been wanting to check out.

The mods I used:
Ars Magica 2
Applied Energistics
Archimedes Ships
BiblioCraft
BuildCraft
ChickenChunks
Computer Craft
Dynamic Lights
Ender Storage
Forestry
Glacticraft
Hats
Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chests
MineFactory Reloaded
NEI
Open Blocks
Optifine
Portal Gun
RailCraft
Soul Shards 2
Steve's Carts
Tinkers Construct
Thaumcraft 4
Thaumic Tinkerer
Thermal Expansion
TombStone
Twilight Forest
Wireless Redstone
Zans Minimap

So far it seems relatively stable. There's are a couple of bugs I've found. The new default Minecraft launcher and Forge have made it retardedly easy to put together your own modded minecraft without needing to rely on Tekkit/FTB anymore.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Ah i misread your first post. That is a hell of a pack to put together yourself. Are there challenges your faced other than fixing the duplicate item IDs? I have never done this before, and very curious.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I am on vacation and had been planning (hoping) to play FTB 1.6 during this time, but since it still isn't out I've resorted to something called the "AT Launcher." For all intents and purposes it is a slightly redone copy of FTB, but most importantly it has almost everything updated to 1.6. They don't have permission for every mod, but for those they don't they take you to each download page automatically so you can download it yourself and put it in the directory the launcher uses. It actually works quite well, although they've already updated a few times in the past few days (it is technically still a "beta" pack so I can't really complain). I get some Forge errors, and a few "missing texture" icons, but overall it works quite well if you're looking for minimal effort. Their SolitaryCraft pack has something like 175 mods to choose from too, so almost everything but XyCraft is present there, I believe. I turned a lot off, but having the choice, and someone doing the config for me, is really convenient.

Also, manually add WAILA to whatever setup you are using, you won't regret it. It stands for What Am I Looking At? Basically anything you look at or mouse over it tells you exactly what it is, and what mod it came from. Including stuff like if your wheat crops are fully grown or not (man I hate trying to tell if wheat is done).

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Do we have an FTB server?
I'm running one if people are interested. I don't think there is much interest right now though so I haven't worked on permissions or isolating quarries and such. When or if there is I'm happy to set it up.

**Running DW20 1.6.4

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Anyone been able to install/download the new DW pack today? I decided to reinstall and it all went to hell and it won't launch.

*Finally got the client to work properly. I think most of the problems are on FTB's end right now. And it probably doesn't help that they are getting slammed with all the downloads that comes with the 1.6.4 pack releases. I wonder what kind of hosting they use, especially for the legacy/vanilla MC files. Or if they have to point at minecraft.net for everything not mod-specific.

That being said I logged in a few hours on Sunday and watched some DW20 videos. Had fun and love the "overwhelming" that comes from seeing all the new blocks (they're literally everywhere) since last time I played tekkit (a year ago or so?). I think about have of the blocks I have in my chests are completely new to me - which is great. Got two machines built and got my basic grinding system to double my ore output.

I am looking at a sorting system which is what I enjoyed building the most in the Tekkit days. I have to admit that I am somewhat disappointed that they simplified it with the new sorting machines. I loved playing with tons of pipes. It was kind of a unique feature of any of the tech packs. The sorting machine is just yet another machine that looks and "plays" the same as everything else. I assume I'm not reflecting the majority's feelings on that though.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hosted a Tekkit classic server some time ago and then I tried the FTB mod-pack. It has been two years or so since I really got into Minecraft.

I have a FTB: Monster server that I spun up on a virtual machine at work with 12 Gigs of RAM and 50 GB of hard disk allocated to it (dedicated server). Currently it's just a straight un-pack => install, so I haven't added or enabled any of the other mods (mainly because I haven't played with them). It has no plugins as of yet but that will probably change. There are also no world modifications.

If you are interested in playing (I have some friends IRL that are interested as well as some old gaming contacts) then toss me a PM. I'll whitelist you.

There are no safeguards against a person being a dick but I'm hoping we can co-exist. I am also taking suggestions for added/enabled mods (I see some people enable "Blood Magic", tho, I'm not sure what mod does what) as well as plugins. If we do want to enable some other mods I'd rather do it on a clean start then halfway through a world.

(If you are having connection issues, I'd also like to know. This is partly an experiment to see if I correctly allocated bandwidth to it)

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Some old pics
iVgH53t.png

8T2kocs.png

nRwBejY.png

Hmzf8Kl.png

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I've been messing with ChromaticCraft lately fun but there is a point were being "vague" get's annoying
XTwlIaM.png

iwEsTtT.png

is9IjmP.png

lb7dHbO.png

8ibTX0K.png

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I'd be down for another communiy minecraft server, I was thinking of getting the GF into this game she had a lot of fun with ARK, and I think she'd like that his is less about combat more about building. Not to mention she grew up with legos.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Well I would lean away from any technik pack type mod, that last time we did that it was total carnage in like 3 days lol.

I wouldn't be opposed to a classic vanilla, maybe with a mod to lock chests

Intropy

Shit Gamer
I'd be up for giving this another go. Voting for Vanilla or something close to it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user