MLB 2024: Rangers Conquer Texas, Then America

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
was it on Apple+ by chance? Their broadcasts are terrible
Was apparently the Yankees play by play guy - Michael Kay and Todd Frazier. First time I'd heard him call a game. I don't get how you reach that level being that boring. The general banter was just cornball trash that added nothing too. "I asked this guy before the game if he was excited, he said yes." "Wow, 100 mph, how'd you like to try to swing at that one Todd."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cleveland

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was apparently the Yankees play by play guy - Michael Kay and Todd Frazier. First time I'd heard him call a game. I don't get how you reach that level being that boring. The general banter was just cornball trash that added nothing too. "I asked this guy before the game if he was excited, he said yes." "Wow, 100 mph, how'd you like to try to swing at that one Todd."
it's really interesting to hear the different commentary teams and how oddly different they all are.

In Cleveland the tv team are commonly referred to as the "druncles" - cause they kinda sound like drunk uncles. The ex player, Rick Manning, played from 1973-1987, and he will scold players from the booth if they don't play the game the "right way" and the on-field reporter is one of those guys that laughs at everything - but they are a solid team. Their radio guy is highly emotional and we love him that way

There are other teams that sound like they are announcing golf - that is so boring to me (though to be honest, if the mlb app made it an option to not get announcers and just watch the game with the crowd and field mics on, I would listen to that all the time).

Then Philly has John Kruk and he is just...he's exactly the type of announcer I would expect from an ex-player that was portrayed by Chris Farley on SNL

• 1Like

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
it's really interesting to hear the different commentary teams and how oddly different they all are.

In Cleveland the tv team are commonly referred to as the "druncles" - cause they kinda sound like drunk uncles. The ex player, Rick Manning, played from 1973-1987, and he will scold players from the booth if they don't play the game the "right way" and the on-field reporter is one of those guys that laughs at everything - but they are a solid team. Their radio guy is highly emotional and we love him that way

There are other teams that sound like they are announcing golf - that is so boring to me (though to be honest, if the mlb app made it an option to not get announcers and just watch the game with the crowd and field mics on, I would listen to that all the time).

Then Philly has John Kruk and he is just...he's exactly the type of announcer I would expect from an ex-player that was portrayed by Chris Farley on SNL
The Tigers from the mid 2000s to about 2018 had Mario Impemba, who was your generic announcer voice play by play guy and Rod Allen doing color, who was way more famous for chasing around a pitcher who beaned him in Japan than anything else.

They had a pretty fun broadcast that was well liked, but apparently they hated each other. It never showed through in the broadcast, but they both got shitcanned for getting into a physical fight over a chair after a game. Since then, the broadcast was really bad until this year when the Tigers were able to poach the White Sox play by play guy. I'd put it back in the upper echelon now depending on who they have doing color.

• 1Worf

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Not following the decision-making at the top of the 9th here. Hader is completely struggling, why bail him out by gifting some outs with a bunt and steal.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Tip of the cap to the Tigers.

Best of luck to them the rest of the playoffs.

7 consecutive ALCS appearance (or better) broken for my boys. Helluva run.

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_6093.jpeg

See ya later Astros

IMG_6092.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Oh darn, Houston. Well at least it wasn't Helene.

Dodgers absolutely prepped to underperform.

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Damn, Baltimore swept again in the post season. On top of that, they have to live in Baltimore. Shame

• 2Like