MMA Thread

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who'd of ever thought Chael could be one-upped by another guy on stage with him. Holy shit, Connor is a superstar.

Goatface

was that mat level camera view new? 1st time i noticed it. on my tv it seemed darker and like a different frame rate, guess it is high speed or something?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It definitely is new, and I am assuming it has something to do with Fox Sports 1? And yes, it had a different look to it but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
I was at TD Garden last night and the arena erupted like Ive never seen before when Shogun tapped. Also Overeem was the only fighter to leave the ring and walk back to the locker rooms without a light on him, everyone else I saw walk out win/lose with lights on them. It was friggin hilarious, a walk of shame.

The mat cam is new, I heard it will be a part of very event going forward. I was wondering what the hell was going on during the Prelims and Kenflo mentioned it on Twitter

also a funny video Dana linked on twitter

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the "mat-cam", but not with the quick cuts from "live sports action cam" and back to the aged gritty look. And back and forth and back. If you have an HD tv, it is kinda jarring. Like you are cutting back and forth to two different fights.

I mean, shit... I will live and it is not worth bitching about if they continue to use it, but I don't see it as enhancing the viewing experience in any way.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stefan Struve's heart is all fucked up.

http://www.cagewall.com/news/2013/08...art-condition/

"Stefan Struve has recently been diagnosed with a leaking aortic valve and an enlarged heart
Also Bellator has said they won't make an offer to Ben Askren, some folks think this is a tactic to get the UFC to lowball him so they can use their matching clause without the money getting escalated like it did with Alvarez.

edit: Also, gross post-fight pics.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...tos-on-the-web