MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well, if Vitor gets smashed by Weidman, you know he is going to catch a ton of shit.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
AHAHAHA. Vitor cant hang without the juice. I have always hated that piece of shit. War Machida.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Machida by shrugging off takedown attempts and poking with high kicks for 5 rounds. Sorta like his fight with Tito.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand the Vitor withdrawal. There are conflicting reports; one says he withdrew and he counters that saying the UFC made him withdraw. Either way, what the fuck? It is nearly 3 months until the actual fight, and that isn't enough time to train without the juice? Does it really affect you that much that you would be unable to stop it now and be prepared to fight without it in 3 months?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
He probably just won't be able to cycle properly. Who knows what kind of drugs this guy is on. I would put money on Vitor being one of the worst dopers in the UFC. Its just not safe to fuck up a regimented drug schedule imo.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It's too bad that they can't release the results of the drug test he was just given. Would be funny to see how elevated his levels are.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Huge news. I'm also surprised Vitor pulled out so soon without an injury. Are there added testing that would be impossible for him to pass? I just can't believe a guy on such a tear to the title would pull out from not getting TRT anymore.

Super excited for Weidman vs Machida though.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Super excited for Weidman vs Machida though.
Yup. Great fight. The odds on this fight should be really interesting. This is about as 50/50 as it gets.

No clue who is going to win this fight. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Vitor_sl said:
I want to apologize to all my fans that have been let down by the news of me not competing in the title fight against Chris Weidman. I wanted nothing more than to go and compete for the belt. As you all know, I have been doing a legal treatment approved by every commission I fight under called TRT for a health deficiency that I have. As of yesterday the Nevada commission banned the use of TRT. I am not exempt from the rules. I respect the Commission's ruling, and have dropped my TRT program as of yesterday. My body wouldn't have had enough time to acclimate and I wouldn't be able to meet the new requirements of the commission swiftly enough to be licensed for the main bout and permit the UFC sufficient time to promote it. I am prepared to fight for the championship belt without my TRT program. I look forward to competing under the new set of regulations. I want to thank all my fans, the UFC, and all the commissions for their unwavering support and I will come back stronger than ever! I'm waiting for the winner.
Hmmmmmm

Results of Vitor Belforts random drug test will not be released unless he does so himself - MMA Fighting

Seems like he failed a drug test and this is just the excuse he's using for not fighting rather than saying he failed a drug test.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I kind of worry for Machida. Weidman has great MMA wrestling and Machida despite having generally above average TDD, he has been taken down by Rampage and Phil Davis. Also Jones, but its Jon Jones so whatever. Just like what was predicted in both Anderson fights, I am leaning towards Weidman by GnP. Unless Serra/Longo find a way to master gameplan again and make Machida KO himself with his own counter punch or something equally absurd.