MMA Thread

Noah

Molten Core Raider
I am curious what Dana White will say about Joe asking Rousey to fight on Aug 2nd. Dana looked pretty pissed about it at the time.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
He wants his "Titie" shot. And what the hell does he mean, "don't run away"? As if Weidman has ducked him in some way?

Really hope Vitor gets crushed.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Cue the retarded Brazilians calling Weidman a joke and saying how God Vitor will destroy him*.

*As long as the fight takes place in Brazil.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Dana said at the press conference that he would like to see Vitor get the next shot, but that it all depends on him getting his shit together. They had better make him fight in the states

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Awesome fuckin' fight. Weidman somewhat gassed, allowing Machida to have a punching chance.

Still, it was a dominant win by the champ, no question. Weidman is a beast; a hunter in the ring, stalking. His take-down ability in combination with his stand-up and his strength are a cut above.

Dana is hinting at a Weidman/Vitor match next.

Also, Weidmans ribs might be fractured? His side was as purple as Barney!

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Awesome fuckin' fight. Weidman somewhat gassed, allowing Machida to have a punching chance.

Still, it was a dominant win by the champ, no question. Weidman is a beast; a hunter in the ring, stalking. His take-down ability in combination with his stand-up and his strength are a cut above.

Dana is hinting at a Weidman/Vitor match next.

Also, Weidmans ribs might be fractured? His side was as purple as Barney!
You did mention it in the first sentence, but Machida's kicks to the ribs of Weidmanarethe reason he gassed. That shit is murder on your cardio. Great fight all around though. I am not sure how much a chance Vitor stands now that he is no longer TRTitor.

Edit: WTF, I went to ESPN and saw their coverage of the event and Gil Melendez was doing a review of the fight FOR ESPN. Isn't that.... contradictory to the UFC's deal with Fox and FS1?

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
First card in a long time I loved. Machida, weidman was great. I gave machida 1/4 and weidman 2/3/5. Machida should have focused on the body more. Would love too see a rematch down the road. Hall really won me over. Oh and for machida being a borring fighter was that his 7 fight bonus hes got??

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not sure how you gave Machida round 1...

And yeah, his body shots almost won him the fight. I don't know why he stopped in the 4th and 5th round. Maybe he hurt himself or he was too tired.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not sure how you gave Machida round 1...

And yeah, his body shots almost won him the fight. I don't know why he stopped in the 4th and 5th round. Maybe he hurt himself or he was too tired.
Stuffed weidmans takedowns octagon control and had for significant strikes? Might have to rewatch the round

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
In no way did he control the octagon. Weidman was absolutely dictating that first round.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
What the hell happened to Brittney Palmer's face? I was just watching UFC Tonight and it had her doing some interviews at the UFC Fax Expo and she looks...very different.

I think I may need to go look for some before and after pictures.

Fedor

<Banned>
Brittney-palmer-before-after-surgery.jpg

BrwT4y_CMAEuwTl.jpg:large

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Sorry folks, I wasn't home yesterday. At this moment, I don't see any streams posted for tonight's finale. If I'm around, I'll post it.

Also, I will still fight or ref a fight between any member on