MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have to wonder why they couldn't just downgrade the card to a Fight Night or something. Jacare/Mousasi main event on a Fight Night would be awesome. And it's not like the rest of the card was stacked to begin with, it would just be a slightly above average Fight Night event.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah no doubt. Overall the card was extremely weak outside the main 2 events, so losing one of them and downgrading seems like it would have been viable.

You should call up Dana and let him know what's up.

Fedor

<Banned>
9BadmOk.jpg

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Kinda lame that Pettis has been champ for almost a year and has yet to defend it. Hope that kid can get, and stay, healthy.

Fedor

<Banned>
He won't even get a chance to defend it until UFC 182 in January which is ~16 months after he won the title. That's also assuming he doesn't get injured again.

Jon Jones defended his title 4 times in his first 16 months as champion.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
He won't even get a chance to defend it until UFC 182 in January which is ~16 months after he won the title. That's also assuming he doesn't get injured again.

Jon Jones defended his title 4 times in his first 16 months as champion.
At some point, a fighter should lose his belt for not being able to defend it. A year passes and not one defense of the belt? I dont like it.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
At some point, a fighter should lose his belt for not being able to defend it. A year passes and not one defense of the belt? I dont like it.
They do that eventually, but it unfortunately usually is longer. In this particular case they already have him slated to coach TUF opposite Melendez, so they have to go through all of that before they can fight anyway. Now, if he gets injured again before that fight, I suppose it is possible they will at least discuss it. They won't be in any hurry to strip him though.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's no real system in place for it. They just arbitrarily decide. Dana said if Aldo isn't ready by October then Mendes will fight either Edgar or Swanson for the interim belt. Aldo fought in February, that'd be 10 months. Pettis last fought in August last year. And we all remember how long it was before they did anything about Cruz.

SPEAKING OF! Dominick Cruz is scheduled to fight Takeya Mizugaki at UFC178. I am, oddly, actually excited about it. Cruz is a decision machine, but he fights like a weird spaz and it will have been 3 YEARS since he stepped in the cage so I'm ready to see it again. I hope for his sake he's not slowed down by all the injuries, he's only 28 and his entire game was built on speed and weird movement.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw that, wonder if Ben scratched Joe Silva's car or something...

Either way, HEAVYWEIGHTS YAY! No matter how much I realize the smaller guys are more skilled and technical and have better gastanks I can't not love the big guys the most.