MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, and I think she had all of 5 lines in it. She had a decent amount of screen time, but very little talking.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
W Wants To Know: Jon Jones

Most of it isn't all that interesting. The only thing of note is he says that after he beats Gustafsson and Cormier, he is going to move up to Heavyweight. I don't know how interested I really am in seeing that though. I suppose it would depend on how big he really gets, but the Heavyweight division is so boring, I would hate for him to waste his time there.

Of course that is assuming he wins both of those fights. Maybe if he loses one he will have a change of heart.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I think if he could beat DC he'd have a shot at Cain. I really don't think he beats either, though. I know it's not the same with DC having to cut weight while Cain doesn't.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Those are just words. JJ wants no part of Cain. Stylistically he's just a bad matchup. A LHW fighter moving up has a good chance against a slow fighter who gasses out ex, couture vs tim sylvia. But in this case Cain is a grinder with excellent wrestling and relentless pressure.

It's a long way away too. JJ fights twice a year, so he probably won't be ready to fight a HW until next Fall.

I'd love to see how he does against bigger fighters though, and would have a tremendous amount of respect for him if he moved up in weight. He's the best fighter in the world imo, and he's shown he has heart when he's in a tough fight but moving up seems out of character.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The difference between DC and Cain is that DC doesn't have Cain's biggest strength: endurance. I'm betting that DC regularly puts Cain on his ass in the early parts of their sparring (probably more so before he started cutting weight), but after 10 minutes DC is ready for some chick fila and Cain just got warmed up. Cain's endurance allows him to go hard in the first round and stay hard. He can bum rush his opponent, stay on him and wrestle until the opponent is tired and beaten up. DC can't do that.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Wanderlei Silva: | Bleacher Report

Good news guys. Wanderlei tested himself and he is clean now, so he is ready for his next fight to put him in line for a title shot!

I can only assume this is him doing his best to pump himself up to try and get a fight, and he doesn't actually believe he is anywhere near good enough to even be in title contention talks.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I love John Lineker, weight issues be damned, that dude is nothing but fun in a division that most people despise cause the guys are so small.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
JJ is going to wait out DC until DC is 40 fkn years old...
What? Did they announce something that I missed? Pretty sure Jones has DC in his sights assuming he beats Gustafsson.

Did I read that right? Mofra weighed in at 165.5 for a WW match?

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
If you missed this card, which is understandable with the glut of UFC this year, you did yourself a disservice. 9 finishes in 11 fights, awesome card all around.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuckin bodyshots man. The new hotness. Oddly enough I can't find any of the Cerrone front kicks to the breadbasket that basically won him the fight.

Barbody kick

PUNCH HER IN THE UTERUS!

Lineker landed like 30+ body shots

Aljamain Sterling looked amazing, eager to see him going forward.He also got in on the body kicking action.

The Hematoma!

gsLpTOa.png

edit: Jessamyn Duke got beat up AND busted her hand all to shit.

10520298_601874143261732_1951544009_n.jpg

edit2: Hematoma day 2, his head is weird shaped now.

BsxcZGpCUAASqa3.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ian McCall is a piece of shit, but this was an amusing staredown picture=P

n9sczWy.jpg

Also Dana said if they sign Gina Monday she will get the next shot at Rousey in December. Totally earned that one.

Also apparently Khabib signed the contract to fight Cerrone and then jacked up his knee 20 minutes later training. Oof.