MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's fought Cain for the title twice!
He's been in the ring at the same time as Cain twice. Neither was a fight. And only one was for the title. 1st fight was his 1st UFC fight and coming off a loss. Second was a beautiful example of how thin the division is.

Cain, JDS, Werdum....everyone else.

Great news about Holm. Hope she can beat up on a couple people before they feed her to Ronda.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Worthwhile watches in the Women's division, finally. Hopefully Cyborg can still be effective at the weight cut, and then Dana can work out a deal with her camp. I seem to remember there being issues with signing her before, regardless of weight.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Worthwhile watches in the Women's division, finally. Hopefully Cyborg can still be effective at the weight cut, and then Dana can work out a deal with her camp. I seem to remember there being issues with signing her before, regardless of weight.
Failed drug tests.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Carano thing isn't surprising. It's just confusing. She's a big, big girl. Cutting down to something that lets her fight others is going to destroy whatever gascan she has after 5 years out of the sport, so aside from name recognition (and Rousey armbarring a previous face of women's mma) it holds basically zero water for being a realistic fight matchup. This is a similar problem with Cyborg, as she probably walks around at 160+ and they are asking her to cut 25lbs off an already slim frame. Are they setting up Cyborg v. Carano 2 or something?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They could have Rousey fight Carano on her way to a real fight as sort of a preshow.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Carano's acting career is like 4 movies in 5 years. And I don't think any have been big. It's similar to why Le and Rampage have returned to fighting. They were marketable for a film when they were big, but when they leave they aren't big anymore so they aren't marketable anymore. I can see why she's returned, but unless they are adding a 145+ ladies division, it makes zero actual sense to sign her.