MMA Thread

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So Chael or Tito? Like 10ish years ago I liked Tito & hated Chael, now my opinions/feelings have reversed on both of them so I am rooting for Chael. I think Tito is the bigger stronger fighter & I think his striking is probably better, but Chael's conditioning should be better & even though he gives up some pounds to Tito I think Chael has superior wrestling. What are your guys thoughts?
I think Tito can overpower Chael, but I want the American Gangster to take it and start a champ run through Bellator because I can see him beating boring Davis.

Tito just did a backstage interview, almost crying, I think he is going to be too emotional in the fight.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So Chael or Tito? Like 10ish years ago I liked Tito & hated Chael, now my opinions/feelings have reversed on both of them so I am rooting for Chael. I think Tito is the bigger stronger fighter & I think his striking is probably better, but Chael's conditioning should be better & even though he gives up some pounds to Tito I think Chael has superior wrestling. What are your guys thoughts?
I think Tito is an absolute clown, and listening to him say the same shit he has been saying for the past 5+ years just makes me roll my eyes. "He has lit a fire in me like I haven't had in years" "This is the best Tito Ortiz in a long time" "For the first time in I don't know how long, I am 100% healthy" blah blah blah. I really hope Chael manages to smash him

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Do you think the WWE Antics help or hurt Bellator? I am probably a grade or so above the casual fan, I am not a die hard, but I try stay current. I lean toward the WWE Antics hurting Bellator because I would rather see a better product than the contrived theater. The UFC was smart by getting away from that shit IMO.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do you think the WWE Antics help or hurt Bellator? I am probably a grade or so above the casual fan (not a die hard, but I try stay current). I lean toward the WWE Antics hurting Bellator because I would rather see a better product than the contrived theater. The UFC was smart by getting away from that shit IMO.

When exactly did the UFC get away from the WWE antics?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Around the time Zuffa bought it....the UFC Fighters don't enter on ramps & the UFC does not conduct interviews on that same ramp.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
dfdf065df022d002ffd006d034ff018c3a3f.gif

dfdf065df022d002ffd006d034ff01915a86.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Those gifs don't make it obvious that those two strikes were back to back. Some brain damage there for sure.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Do you think the WWE Antics help or hurt Bellator? I am probably a grade or so above the casual fan, I am not a die hard, but I try stay current. I lean toward the WWE Antics hurting Bellator because I would rather see a better product than the contrived theater. The UFC was smart by getting away from that shit IMO.
I hear you but at the same time each organization needs to differentiate itself somehow. If they all just tried to copy the UFC status quo it would be pretty sad.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone needs to take a video clip of that flying knee and dub Jim Ross' reaction to Undertaker throwing Mankind off the top of the cage in that Hell in a Cell match.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am not saying to copy the UFC, just copying the WWE comes across as low level production. Bellator has gotten better over time, hopefully they will become more confident in their product in the near future & go on to be their own unique/custom brand.