MMA Thread

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Pretty much. The neck crank / choke was legitimate...his face was not the correct color, but he slid right into it. I could be wrong, Chael has been subbed multiple times. Just seemed like he found himself in that one a little to easy to me.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow, I never thought I would say this but,

Did Chael take a dive?

It was not under, or even in neck crank territory.

Not sure what I just saw.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
It looked like it to me...that was no where near how you would sub somebody in professional sports...especially at the level those two compete at. Chael was a different color though.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lol Tito really is The People's Meat Head!

Each time I replayed that part where he pronounced his girlfriend's full name, it got funnier and funnier. Had the entire room keying up on it.

That's one for his highlight reel-- the 10 minutes of Tito talking one.

I don't know why it was so funny, but man we got a lot of mileage out of it. One of those nights.

Wurstsalat

Silver Knight of the Realm
Really sad - you can actually see Chael's head moving up so Tito can get under his chin easier. Fuck them both.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I don't think it was a work. It's definitely a weird angle to get finished at, but my guess is that it was a hybrid choke/crank. Chael (appropriately) wasn't respecting the threat of the inital standard figure-four RNC because Tito was too far off to the side. The chin movement was because he was trying to sit up and he knew that Tito was only using one arm at that point (this was a mistake, because it let Tito get on his neck). At the end, however, you'll see that Tito switched to a gable grip and dropped his left elbow behind Chael's back. The leverage you get from that is horrific and it's totally reasonable to think that the forearm on the side of the neck was enough to get a tap either via choke or spinal displacement.

Source: I am a BJJ brown belt.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
@ Ward elbow then knee to head.....oh fuuuuu*k, that is terrible :-(, and to the temple too!! Hope the guy lives a normal rest of life..... that brain will scar :-(

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't think it was a work. It's definitely a weird angle to get finished at, but my guess is that it was a hybrid choke/crank.

Thats what I thought. It looked like there was a neck crank going on regardless of the air choke. I mean Tito was fresh and dry, hes a big LHW-- I don't see why people think its definitively thrown.

I think Chael threw it in the sense that he was very uncomfortable and knew Tito was fresh, no heart. But I'd need to see it from a few angles before I called it a work. The rest of the internet seems convinced already though.