MMA Thread

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Interesting weigh in for DC. Stepped on the scale at 206.2 naked, stepped off and 2 minutes later stepped back on while pushing down on the towel and hit 205. The commission didn't catch it but reporters did. I've never seen anything like that before..

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
He was pressing down on the towel to lighten his weight. I was under the impression that wasn't allowed.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Might not be that big of a deal but I thought that was not allowed during a weigh in.

Screen-Shot-2017-04-07-at-11.14.14-AM-640x400.jpg

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Commission is swearing he wasn't touching it, picture looks pretty clear that he is. It does seem odd that he was able to drop almost 2 pounds in less than 3 minutes

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
DC gonna get GTFO, rumble gonna explode on that chubby ass, no Cain and too much analyst work means he ain't got time to train.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I do think there is a bit of irony in how DC tries to portray himself as Mr Good Guy, yet when he needs too he will cheat as bad/worse than anyone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it's more likely he went and gagged himself or took a dump or something than is applying enough pressure on that towel to get 2 pounds off the scale.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I can't imagine there was anything in his stomach to throw up, or shit out, especially over a pound worth. And he for sure didn't have time to go and take a shit.

A ton of fighters on twitter quickly pointed out that is an old wrestling trick, and it sure looks like that is how he did it.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
What are the allowances in other sports? Is it more than 1 lb.? 1.2 lbs overweight doesn't seem like a big deal. I'm under the impression he would still have had 2 hrs to cut the rest of the weight and it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. 11 lbs like Rumble weighed in over the limit a time before is definitely unacceptable and it's really hard to pinpoint a number of lbs you can be over that would really compromise the legitimacy of the fight if the overweight fighter were to win. 2 or 3 lbs maybe? Maybe give those classes a 2 or 3 lb standard deviation (that's not how math works probably) would be an idea, but folks would still try to ride out as much weight as they could. One thing we don't need is a lot of other weight classes.

I've always liked the idea of a Middle Heavyweight Division for bigger LHW and smaller HWs but I wouldn't want to see any other weight class but that one added at the moment.

Anyways, here's the clip...he did it on purpose in my opinion but like I said before 1.2 lbs doesn't seem like that much of an issue. Also, #WarRumble

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The explanation he is giving is that he was just trying to "hide his junk". He said that more than once when asked about it, and said he didn't even understand what pushing down on the towel would do. I guess he didn't realize he was able to hide his junk just fine the first time with the towel in front of him without touching it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyways, here's the clip...he did it on purpose in my opinion but like I said before 1.2 lbs doesn't seem like that much of an issue. Also, #WarRumble

There's no if ands or buts about it lol, you can see him push the towel down lower shortly before he makes weight.