MMA Thread

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, a bunch of random people went and tested it out on their home scales with their own towels, it is pretty easy to manipulate your weight this way it seems.

Hope Rumble KOs his ass. DC has no chance of beating Jones anyhow.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Oh and once they called out 205 he throws his hands up in joy and backs away from the towel. I used to really like Cormier, and maybe I just like Jon Jones more. But his whole act of doing things the right way for so long and bashing Jones just seems funny today. I know this is the only time he's been caught up in something that has a little controversy and it's really not a big deal, but if he would've stayed his ass at heavyweight I think he'd be just as likable as he was back in Strikeforce.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What are the allowances in other sports? Is it more than 1 lb.? 1.2 lbs overweight doesn't seem like a big deal.
weight is totally state/commissin dependent, thats why there were so many fuck ups and schannegans in NY and no leeway.

ALSO

if you look at the video, they grabbed a THIRD guy to cover up his butt...

OR was he there to strategically pull on the towel to decrease the weight?

ACTUALLY that third guy is part of his crew! that's fucking illegal???

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I like Moose better, but I'm just not ready to bet against Weidman. Picking Weidman tonight.

Johnson, Weidman, Gonzalez, Cote, and Brooks are my picks for the main card. Usman vs. Strickland should be FOTN.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I dislike Cormier, because he is a fake ass, uncharismatic snorefest of a fighter. I hope Rumble uppercuts his head off MK style.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, looks like Brooks may be a bust. Got handled by Oliveira, who was forced up a division cause he couldn't make the weight at FW.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I like Moose better, but I'm just not ready to bet against Weidman. Picking Weidman tonight.

Johnson, Weidman, Gonzalez, Cote, and Brooks are my picks for the main card. Usman vs. Strickland should be FOTN.
I really thought Weidman was going to be the Dominant champion without being borring like GSP or pulling shit like A Silva. Sadly he had got KTFO ect his last 2 outings. Sadly I look forward to a Michael Bisping championship fight, the days of GSP and A. Silva were boring as shit and hoped for an upset.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
His hands were being raised when he hit him with the knee's...

Its a stupid rule but those were illegal.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user