MMA Thread

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I admit, I have never liked Sterling but... has he always come out as Jamaican? I thought he was American?

It doesn't matter at all, that just seems off to me.

Edit: Sterling absolutely got in Yan's head. I have never seen him fight so aggressive. Don't know if it is going to cost him, but he clearly hates Sterling and is more intent on trying to land something on him, than simply winning a round.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
what the fuck is Yan doing?

He almost gave him his back AGAIN.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
So this all depends on if they gave Sterling 10-8's. If he got two, he wins even if he loses the other 3. If he got 1 I would say its a draw. If he got none, he loses 3-2.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So this all depends on if they gave Sterling 10-8's. If he got two, he wins even if he loses the other 3. If he got 1 I would say its a draw. If he got none, he loses 3-2.
I think Yan forgot he's not actually the champion and judges always favor champions in decisions. He looked like shit. I'd be surprised if it doesn't go to Sterling.

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I think Yan forgot he's not actually the champion and judges always favor champions in decisions. He looked like shit.
Yeah, letting himself get backpacked twice, and being super reckless and almost giving it away in the 4th isn't a great look.

Edit: I would like to see the scorecards, but that reads like they gave Aljo 1-3, which is the least likely way I thought he would win this fight.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, letting himself get backpacked twice, and being super reckless and almost giving it away in the 4th isn't a great look.

Edit: I would like to see the scorecards, but that reads like they gave Aljo 1-3, which is the least likely way I thought he would win this fight.
The challenger didn't clearly dominate round 1 which means it went to the champion.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
We'll see what the scorecards say, but I would give 1st, 4th, and 5th to Yan (even with him fighting a stupid fight). I would give 2nd and 3rd to Sterling, but I don't think either of those was a 10-8 because he didn't have any effective striking and never came close to sinking in a choke.

'To be the champ, you have to beat the champ' is bullshit, score every fight the same. Sterling did not win round 1 by any stretch of the imagination.

*edit*

seeing it was 2 48-47s vs a 47-48 which means no 10-8s, two judges gave round 1 to Sterling.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Giving the champ benefit of the doubt in some situations makes sense to me. Doesn't change points or rounds. I'd give Yan 1,4,5 too.

And sterling wasn't champ. He should have left the belt in the octagon last year

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nobody needs the benefit of the doubt, if the round is a draw then score it a draw.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He's not a championship level fighter in the UFC, his corner should not let him go back out.

• 2Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I am just repeating myself here, but he obviously didn't earn this shot, and he isn't a contender in today's FW. His trademarks are still present at least, hits hard, keeps going through an ass beating. But yeah, he never stood a chance here.

On the plus side, his defensive wrestling has improved. Thanks Cejudo!

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Volkanovski should ease back on that 'too fucking good' shouting seeing as how Holloway was completely robbed by that split decision in their rematch.

• 1Like