MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm surprised but not really surprised that Travis Browne is an underdog in the Barnett fight.
Shouldn't be a surprise at all. Barnett is still one of the best in the world, and certainly one of the smartest. He won't stand in front of Browne with his guard super wide and eat 5-6 straight kicks to the face.

Browne's a nasty striker and some people like to say Barnett might end up like he did in the first Rizzo fight.

That shit was in 2001. He fought PRIME Cro Cop 3 times since then and didn't get KO'd. He got his ass beat, but he didn't get knocked out. Browne has a good chance here, but Barnett absolutely is the safer bet. I'd expect him to treat it similar to the Yvel fight, get him down and beat him up for as long as it takes.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Browne/Barnett...I feel like that could go either way. Barnett has the experience but we'll see what happens.

With Barnett I feel like he can beat just about anyone, it's just a question of how he actually goes about it. Even after his fight with Cormier I felt like Barnett could still beat him in a rematch (emphasis on 'could'), even though Cormier seemed to dominate.

Fedor

<Banned>
iHu44YHJOkiLZ.gif

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Shouldn't be a surprise at all. Barnett is still one of the best in the world, and certainly one of the smartest. He won't stand in front of Browne with his guard super wide and eat 5-6 straight kicks to the face.

Browne's a nasty striker and some people like to say Barnett might end up like he did in the first Rizzo fight.

That shit was in 2001. He fought PRIME Cro Cop 3 times since then and didn't get KO'd. He got his ass beat, but he didn't get knocked out. Browne has a good chance here, but Barnett absolutely is the safer bet. I'd expect him to treat it similar to the Yvel fight, get him down and beat him up for as long as it takes.
agree 100%. I think the odds are about right for Barnett. I'm pretty bearish on Browne in general

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Silva and GSP are in the same boat, the only difference is GSP wasn't a cocky douchebag and lost. He realized last fight that technically he did lose and chose to step away. Silva playing his show time games got him a belt smaller, now he has to go back, try and win it back. Except now it's him that everything is on the line. If he loses, he's done. If he wins, his god status is still tainted and he probably just gives the belt up again at next defence.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
If he wins, his god status is still tainted and he probably just gives the belt up again at next defence.
I feel the exact opposite on this. If he comes back with a dominant win then people will say that he never should have lost the last fight and only did so because he was clowning. If he shows the world "Serious Silva" and Serious Silva turns out to be Wanderlei Silva^10 and leaves little pieces of Weidman all over the ring then people are going to say that he's the best there's ever been.

Will he? I hope so. But we'll see.

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would like to think I'll be proved wrong, cause as much as I despise him, he killed in the ring. We will see if 38 year old Silva is the best Silva. I know 36 year old me sure as shit isn't the best me, it definitely isn't gonna be the closer I get to 40.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Don't think I've ever seen a more one-sided roundtable on mma-torch than the one for Rousey-Tate atROUNDTABLE: Will Miesha Tate capture the UFC title at UFC 168? Or will Ronda Rousey retain again?

But let's be clear here; Ronda Rousey is an Olympic medalist in judo, and Miesha Tate was a decent high school wrestler who can't box very well. So can she take the title from Rousey? Sure. If Ronda gets herself DQ'd, or breaks her toe, or gives herself a massive cut somehow, or has a shit ton of money on Miesha Tate. Other than that? No. No chance.
I really hate to spoil fights for myself but I also don't want to pay $50 to see Rousey win in 30 seconds (and I do want her to win, I can just watch that over and over on Youtube) so guess I wait to see if it's worth ordering the relplay since this is literally the only fight on the card I have interest in.

Arakkis

N00b
This was going to be the first UFC PPV I actually would pay for, until they jacked the price up. Fuck price gouging.

Joe Rogan trying very hard not to stare at Ronda. The UFC ring girl doesn't try at all.

d5isucD.jpg

i35d7zDRQCmIc.gif

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here's the staredown, and oddly Ronda seems way more calm thanthe last time.

2.gif

So maybe she won't have to be pulled off Meisha like I expected=P

Barnett/Browne had what is now my favorite faceoff of all time.

1.gif

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This was going to be the first UFC PPV I actually would pay for, until they jacked the price up. Fuck price gouging.

Joe Rogan trying very hard not to stare at Ronda. The UFC ring girl doesn't try at all.

d5isucD.jpg

i35d7zDRQCmIc.gif
Yeah I felt like a voyeur watching Ronda undress lol. Who brings tight jeans to a weigh in? And I bet those jeans only fit when she's weighing in since I imagine she cuts a ton of weight.

Was really weird watching Silva come out first.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That a new octagon girl? I didn't recognize her when Rogan announced the girls last night.

I have gone back and forth on a few of my picks, and just went and changed some again. I thought Silva was going to KO Weidman, but flipped back to Weidman by decision. And I am still 100% unsure on that pick. Same with Hall vs Leben. Hall has failed me every time I picked him, and I fear he will do it again. Leben has been terrible lately, but I think if he presses forward he may break Hall's will and just swarm him.

There are still 4 hours until picks are due, so I will probably go back and change them again!