Monster Hunter Wilds

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We should get a new trailer at Games Fest on the 7th. I think some ppl might not like the art style or lighting shown in the recent trailer. Looks good to me though.

Blueweed

Golden Baronet of the Realm
looks like they depart from Monster Hunter Rise style and back to MHw pace which is great!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Now I get to read posts and watch videos for a year before it hits PC. I think with Worlds we at least got a "full edition" or whatever, bundled with DLCs / content that came out between the release gap?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't have a PS5 and I don't think I will pick one up just for this. So will be sitting tight for awhile.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Now I get to read posts and watch videos for a year before it hits PC. I think with Worlds we at least got a "full edition" or whatever, bundled with DLCs / content that came out between the release gap?
No we didn't, at least not for Worlds. We had an accelerated release of patches, kinda, it still took until Iceborne to catch up(and Iceborne itself was several months later). I don't remember the exact timeline for Rise but looking at release dates, base game was also almost a year later. Sunbreak(rise expansion) released simultaneously.

I'd be surprised if they did a simultaneous release, but if they do that's great.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
No we didn't, at least not for Worlds. We had an accelerated release of patches, kinda, it still took until Iceborne to catch up(and Iceborne itself was several months later). I don't remember the exact timeline for Rise but looking at release dates, base game was also almost a year later. Sunbreak(rise expansion) released simultaneously.

I'd be surprised if they did a simultaneous release, but if they do that's great.
Thanks; my memory was off. Still looking forward to this. Could always move my PS5 to the office since kiddo is more interested in Switch and Pokemon Shield.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Tell him it's time to grow up.
You know, I kind of think back to my early video game days of Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy, it is exciting to at least hear him talk about, at 6 years old, weakness charts and what is strong vs what and putting together strats. He only gets about an hour a night on weekends and nothing during school week. Anyways, yeah. Fucking Pokémon.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So far it looks like it's releasing on all 3 platforms at the same time. It's Capcom though, so they will take a shit on the PC version and infect it with Denuvo (and possibly Enigma which is even more shady). Doubt it will be on Windows Store either to avoid the DRM cancer; Capcom only puts their games on there when they are added to Game Pass, and I really don't see this being on Game Pass day one.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know, I kind of think back to my early video game days of Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy, it is exciting to at least hear him talk about, at 6 years old, weakness charts and what is strong vs what and putting together strats. He only gets about an hour a night on weekends and nothing during school week. Anyways, yeah. Fucking Pokémon.
My kid is big into Pokemon, but he's also big into Minecraft and Roblox.

We just started playing RDR2 Online together... was considering Monster Hunter as a sort of grindy game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Huh...holding the jaws open and fighting back like that really opens up play styles. I wonder if every weapon has something similar or if that is unique to greatsword. I can see you jamming a lot of weapons like that include the bowguns but daggers and the like not so much. Maybe they going ham and making it unique to that monster type and weapon and they going to have hundreds of interactions based on monster and weapon type. As usual I will double dip this game, PS5 then cheat engine my save to kind of match where I was once PC catches up.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Is a delayed release for the PC version already confirmed, or can I stll hope they release both versions together? I'd hate to wait a year like with the recent Horizon PC launch.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I was under the impression all platform releases at the same time...
This is capcom so…
Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They haven't said anything, probably cause they haven't said anything about a release date in the first place, game's still likely a year away so will know more in 6months or whatever. Capcom does release some games globally(Dragon's Dogma2 as a very recent example) BUT historically MH has always been delayed for main releases(Sunbreak was simultaneous though and is the most recent release so that's something to consider).

I don't mind so much though personally I just wait for the PC release, did it with both World and Rise as well as Iceborne, it's no big deal there's not really any spoilers so I don't care about playing it right away and I'd rather play it on PC with better performance and the ability to mod stuff if they add some bullshit I don't want to grind too long for or whatever.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lots of videos up now with impressions about a gameplay demo presentation at Game Fest, ppl seem ecstatic about it: