Monster Hunter Wilds

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Where chargeblade superior race?

Will also accept switch axe superior race.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
First thing I thought of. I mean I can't think of any of the late game monsters that will sit in that for long.
They will figure it out, maybe if it you the player stays in it for a certain amount of time you get a debuff/buff that lasts a little while when you or the monster leaves.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'm going insect glaive and or gunlance. I just love the mobility of the glaive, but gunlance is just so tanky and fun as well. Only two weapons I played in worlds to any degree. Rise too for that matter (though I didn't like Rise anywhere near as much as Worlds which is one of my all time favorite games and was my first MH). Tried other fast weapons, just made me want to play the glaive, tried "heavy" weapons, just made me want to play gunlance.

I don't think glaive is that hard not to be bad at, since all you need to do is not just jump around all the time and use the buffs (which is a sign of people who just mastered the jump, but nothing else since flying around makes you nearly immortal in terms of many fights since mobs can't hit you while you chip them down, it just takes longer. So all they do is that since it "works".). But in partys with people who use gunlance, it's really noticable when you play with someone who is good. I think my mastery of it falls into playing well, not good. Timing the reloads, stakes, strikes, blocks. I'm never ashamed when playing the glaive, but gunlance.... "omg, I've missed the stake 3 times in a row, why did I just stab the air and wtf was that reload just now. Hope nobody saw it!"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Interesting that the ground buff had numbers associated with it, which at first glance seems a bit out of place? There's not much (any?) visual numeric representation of things. Maybe it isn't odd and just me.

COOL IT WITH THESE COCK TEASE VIDOES AND GIVE GAME!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Can they just fucking get to the Charge Blade and Switch Axe? Fuck.

I mean, I'm going to preorder this because if it is just as good as MHW it is worth full price day one.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Don't see anything new there really. The riposte appears to work a bit easier and he didn't use the sheath/draw attack that was in Iceborne so maybe they took it out.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't see anything new there really. The riposte appears to work a bit easier and he didn't use the sheath/draw attack that was in Iceborne so maybe they took it out.
He uses the sheathe move at ~24seconds, but he does the one that gives you spirit gauge regen instead of the counter, maybe the counter is gone maybe still there not sure. There's a couple of new moves, like the Helmsplitter followup at the end and another follow up in the middle. Overall though all these videos don't have many new moves for most weapons, other than the new focus moves, it's pretty subtle stuff. It's quite possible there's a large combat change they haven't shown yet though(like the double weapon system might allow you to combo from one weapon to the other possibly, stuff like that).

I think it's fine as the base moveset of each weapon is satisfying enough and don't really need many of the crazy shit they added in Sunrise where weapons do really stupid anime shit like the lance vertical charge jump and almost every weapon having a counter so you can ignore most mechanics if you press the buttons right.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am probably going to start off with Charge Blade and move into Heavy Bowgun.

HBG shotgun build was so much fun in Iceborne.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I played a bunch of IG and HH in world. Did DB in Rise. Will probably do something like GL or CB for Wilds, with a HH for grouping with my buddies.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh hot damn that little hookshot thing makes Hammer look hot. Like an extra limited wirebug only for hammer?

Also cool brain/frankenstein hammer thing there.