Monster Hunter Wilds

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The new wound system looks great, has the same interesting parts as the wounds in World(Iceborn), but without the stupid fucking claw uptime bullshit which was really bad(mods to make them last longer/forever made the game a lot more enjoyable).

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This game looks so fricken good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I hope it will be worth sinking another 800hrs into it. =)

Phhhhffftttt!

1722978253969.png

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I'll bowgun main this one at the start. Have never given that or heavy bowgun a chance in any of these. Be a change of pace.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Maybe I'll bowgun main this one at the start. Have never given that or heavy bowgun a chance in any of these. Be a change of pace.
I hate early game bowguns personally, cause you have to make ammo and it fuckins sucks at that point. Have to go collect some herbs shit just to do your standard damage kind of thing. Also in general I hate bowguns unless it's boom boom guns and these tend to be more lategame cause again the mats are shittier to farm/the shops only start selling them later and you need spare shot and what not to let you carry enough ammo to kill a monster without refilling and such. Also they kept nerfing Clusters and Stickies in Rise, so not sure what they're gonna do with them this time, that's the main reason I play the guns though, I like the big explosions and seeing the monsters get chain knocked down and shit.

I'm interested to see what they do with Hunting Horn since they said(I think?) that they're going back to normal songs instead of the super simplified Rise system(which was really like acrobatic hammer with free buffs rather than bonk bard). I'll likely stick to my favorite lance, with IG/HH/SnB/Switchaxe when I get bored.

Also so far they've shown only the 2 weaps they did the preview build on, I wonder if they'll show some new weaps tomorrow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I've mained Bow, Lance, Longsword, Horn, umm... Dual Blade? Can't remember. There's plenty of options so we'll see. I just like trying something new each time instead of getting stuck in old habits. Kind of forgot about the ammo crafting and mats though, you're right, that may suck early.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Very cool, not sure if it's kinsect dependant but gathering essences looked a lot better, just slapping some spear moves in the ass/legs and instant gathering, instead of the tedious aim shooting shit or the same melee to gather but much much slower than existed in Worlds and Rise. If it's baseline it should make it a lot more manageable without extra tricks, in Iceborne it was ok cause you could get full duration augments without any sacrifice, in Rise it was fine cause you could gather multiple types at once and you could refresh the buff instead of having to regather when it wore off, so it'd be a nice evolution.

Also nice to see they are doing one a day even with classes they hadn't shown before.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Iceborn made sword and shield godly. Holding judgement until hands on but likely go hunting horn main with some hammer as secondary.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Gunlance is the weapon I want to try and learn this time around. Looks really fun!

• 1Like