Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Man, i just wanna say i love you all.

Trying to discuss gameplay on this discord community is just painful.

i hope these guys get some decent feedback during pre-release, because holy shit it’s looking grim from the little bits I’ve tried to engage in.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

forehead

Trakanon Raider
Issues like darkness, consumable duration, merchant behavior, inventory space, and spellbook loss can all be easily adjusted in the next 1.5 years of development. As for the other 90% of the core game, it’s the only one in development that is directionally going where I want it to. It looks and plays like classic EQ. Nothing else is even close. The devs listen even if the discord community is less open to criticism.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Issues like darkness, consumable duration, merchant behavior, inventory space, and spellbook loss can all be easily adjusted in the next 1.5 years of development. As for the other 90% of the core game, it’s the only one in development that is directionally going where I want it to. It looks and plays like classic EQ. Nothing else is even close. The devs listen even if the discord community is less open to criticism.

Ya i agree with all this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

True, and unlike PanTheonGreyjoy - for the size of dev team and duration of in development time, there has been a steady forward march in all directions, art, visuals, game-play, performance etc. etc.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I know at least one of the M&M devs has full EQ raid experience and about as much hindsight as anyone could have. Hell of a project to take on as a grass roots, gotta support it.

Pantheon has money and I think very slowly spending it.

AoC I have no idea.

Hope they all succeed.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know at least one of the M&M devs has full EQ raid experience and about as much hindsight as anyone could have. Hell of a project to take on as a grass roots, gotta support it.

Pantheon has money and I think very slowly spending it.

AoC I have no idea.

Hope they all succeed.
Thats what I dont think people get. It benefits us all if all three of them come out. I dont care for Pantheon, but I dont wish for its downfall.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Mr. Sox Mr. Sox why are you pretending to represent FOH on the Monsters & Memories discord guild recruitment board?

• 1Worf

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Mr. Sox Mr. Sox why are you pretending to represent FOH on the Monsters & Memories discord guild recruitment board?

Someone wants to make a FoH guild on MnM? Who cares?

There are Fires of Heaven guilds in nearly ever game because of the books.

• 1Like

Mr. Sox

Mr. Poopybutthole
I will sell you the guild naming rights for 1 million dollars, or the bunny gets it.

• 2Worf

Siliconemelons

Good to see they feel they are going to have a big performance jump even over the last one- last test was playable for me, well improved vs 2 and 3 tests ago.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Good to see they feel they are going to have a big performance jump even over the last one- last test was playable for me, well improved vs 2 and 3 tests ago.

Makes you wonder what it takes to grab a big investor. These guys rule.

• 2Like

Groove

Trakanon Raider

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Good times this time around.

1) Macro for /hidecorpse all because I am too lazy to type it more than once.
2) Turn on HDR on monitor. Night is now perfect. Can see, but still has the dark vibe.
3)Remember to have fun...it's not a job.

Some Cleric made it to 26 or 28. I got 6 characters to 3-4. My lack of focus is disturbing.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

forehead

Trakanon Raider
I know these guys aren’t big on QOL features, but I want some assistance finding or starting a group. Or at least sizable incentive to get people to form a group and try to fill it. Sitting at the same spot for hours to get 2 bubbles of exp is gameplay I actually enjoy. Being LFG for half my playtime is not.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I know these guys aren’t big on QOL features, but I want some assistance finding or starting a group. Or at least sizable incentive to get people to form a group and try to fill it. Sitting at the same spot for hours to get 2 bubbles of exp is gameplay I actually enjoy. Being LFG for half my playtime is not.

Then the LFG queue is 235 dps waiting for both a tank and healer

/LFG is a thing last I checked, right?