Most recognized brand from each of the 50 states

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Do you agree with the choice for your state?

mAeyv0u.jpg

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-m...y-state-2013-6

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, Carrs, Albertsons, Peavey, Allsup's, & Ginos I have no clue. And I can't make out Hawaii or Rhode Island at all.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think I'm mostly surprised that no two states share a top brand. I would agree that CA is overrun by Apple products.

Pinch_sl

shitlord
I think it's brands that are FROM the state, not what is most recognized in each of the states.

Albertsons is everywhere on the west coast but I haven't seen them since moving east and nobody has heard of them here.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
GEICO for Maryland? I'd say that's more synonymous with D.C. Should be Old Bay.

Do people outside of the mid-Atlantic even know about Old Bay?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I've heard of Old Bay, but can't say that I've ever had it. Not that we have much seafood in the midwest, unless you count catfish.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I live in Montana and I have no knowledge of the Great Harvest Bread company. I do have some Old Bay in my kitchen though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Gillette... hmm............................................... ............................................. HMMMM.............HMMMM

Not sure I agree, but I guess.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Ohio should definitely be P&G. Not fucking Wendy's. Shit, I'd put P&G, Macy's and Kroger all above Wendy's. They even have Gillette as the Massachusetts company - a brand that is owned by P&G.

Apple is huge in California, but I'd say one of the social media sites now - particularly Facebook.

I disagree with Minnesota too. Didn't even know Pillsbury was from Minnesota, but I do know Best Buy and Target are based in Minnesota.

And Starbucks is certainly a very recognizable Washington company, but I'd put Microsoft ahead of Starbucks.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
This could be international, not just considering Americans brand recognition, the article doesn't really say one way or another. That would probably change things a bit.

The problem with Proctor & Gamble is that they own a TON of big companies, but you don't really see a product on store shelves with a big P&G logo on it or anything, they're kind of behind the scenes from the general public's point of view.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've heard of Old Bay, but can't say that I've ever had it. Not that we have much seafood in the midwest, unless you count catfish.
It's not just for seafood. Put that shit on fries, chicken, use it in rubs for ribs and steak, the uses are endless.

I brought a massive tub of it overseas and shared it with some foreign, third-world savages and it changed their lives.

I've never heard of most of these companies: Taco John's, Allsup's, Cummins, Peavey, Gino's, and several others.