Most recognized brand from each of the 50 states

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had to wiki Allsup's only to find that they're claim to fame is some clerk being raped and murdered. Suck it New Mexico.
Yeah that was one of the only ones i had no fucking idea about on sight.

Plus "Gino's" for West Virginia. Are they the ones that made pizza rolls for a while? If not, no fucking clue who that is.

edit: And Hawaii air

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Hawaii should be best known for producing people who have names with 14 letters and nothing but vowels in them.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I had to wiki Allsup's only to find that they're claim to fame is some clerk being raped and murdered. Suck it New Mexico.
They are known for their burritos and stuff. It is a convenience store, but they have some shitty food. Corn dogs, burritos, chimichangas, etc. The burritos are notable for being deep fried.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
They have deep fried burritos AND chimichangas? Isn't that the same thing?

Brad2770

How the fuck is Florida recognized by Hooters. Thats a fucking Texas (Dallas) Company...

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They have deep fried burritos AND chimichangas? Isn't that the same thing?
I haven't been there in like 15 years, but I seem to remember the burritos has basically just beans, meat, and spices in them and the chimichangas had some other shit in there.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
How the fuck is Florida recognized by Hooters. Thats a fucking Texas (Dallas) Company...
Hooters is the trade name of two privately held American restaurant chains: Hooters of America, Incorporated, based in Atlanta, Georgia, and Hooters, Incorporated, based in Clearwater, Florida.
Where does Texas come into play anywhere?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, on the back of every Hooters menu is the story about how they were founded in Clearwater, Florida back in the 80s.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I live in Indiana and I've never heard of Cummins. I would've said John Deere except its HQ is in IL.

Looking at this wikilistthese names strike me as more popular (This is Indianapolis area only)

Eli Lilly and Company (Not sure if it has a brand?)
ACE Rent a Car
Anthem Blue Cross
L. S. Ayres
Hhgregg
Marsh Supermarkets
MCL Cafeterias
Republic Airlines
Simon Property Group

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
i want to know what a taco johns is.
It's basically a better Taco Bell. Think Taco Bueno or Amigos if you have any of those chains in your area. It's like Taco Bell with real beef, yet still almost as cheap. It's damn good.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
In terms of brand recognition? I mean the Pillsbury doughboy is so ingrained in culture he is now in a Geico TV spot.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
i want to know what a taco johns is.
You could probably read back a page or two where that question was asked and already answered.
wink.png

shattuck_sl

shitlord
I've never heard of Allsup's, Carrs, Peavey, Sinclair, Cabelas, Albertsons, Ginos, CAT, and Cummins.

I'm from VA and while Aol might have been the most recognizable 15 years ago, there are SO many modern day options. I would think internationally Rosetta Stone might be the most popular VA brand currently. BAE Systems, Booz Allen Hamilton, Northrop Grumman, Capitol One, Freddie Mac, Rubbermaid, Marriott, all also seem more popular than Aol.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
You've never heard of CAT, aka Caterpillar, the makers of omnipresent construction vehicles?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The most interesting thing about this whole thread is what we, living in different parts of the US, have and haven't heard of. I feel like there's an Albertsons on every corner, but /shrug Because of where I live. Only know of Taco Johns from living in Michigan in my youth, and damn, I got some fine fine memories of that place. (So I go to their site to see JUST IN CASE they may have locations in CA, and nah =/ Surprisingly, they don't even have locations in Michigan anymore either) My memories are over 20 years old, but I recall them kicking Taco Bell's ass.