Movies That Would Be Made, If You Could Make It Happen

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
I was going to come here and suggest some of the Discworld books, but looking into it I found that the Brits have already made some of them into movies. And from the initial viewing they are resoundingly horribly awesome as good British media tends to be.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Uncharted. Game plays like a movie anyways, should be easy.

Leviathan Wakes (Expanse series). Always like good space based movies

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Take the budget, the writing, and casting(The quality, not the actors themselves persay) of LOTR and put it into Robotech. A space saga of that size would draw plenty of people to the theaters.

The only other thing I would throw money at in heaps and bundles would be Firefly.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Deadwood - the 9 nine hour epic conclusion to one of the all time great tv shows. Fuck you HBO.

Also, Fraggle Rock.

The Lies of Locke Lamora rights were purchased by Warner Bro's, so don't expect that to ever see the light of day.

Zech_sl

shitlord
I have been saying an animated Thrawn Trilogy would be awesome forever and instead we got fucking The Clone Wars.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
A good Punisher movie, or a mini-series for HBO.

More Dredd movies.

Animated movies of Marvel Comics' limited series, like how DC does Batman/Superman/GreenLantern ones.

A good Aliens movie, unlike everything made since the 2nd one.

A My Little Pony movie that's so terrible and full of suggestive material that makes all these stupid "Bronies" want to kill themselves.

Some viking movies - seriously, there's like no viking movies out there. 13th warrior and...?

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
How about I say, I don't want any Hamilton's books universe to see in a movie, EVER?!
smile.png

I've already been forced to puke the first time i saw "Legend of the Seeker" on Sci-fi. I supported Goodkind by buying his books and he betrays us all with that.

smile.png

Dashiva_sl

shitlord
This. I loved the novel and I think it deserves a better rendition than this;
hsQXc.jpg
David Lynches Dune is a classic, it's AMAZING, annoys the piss out of me that it has never gotten the credit it deserves.

• Brent Weeks - Dark Angel Trilogy.
  • Wheel of Time (Animated) - 100 Hour epic

hsQXc.jpg

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
The Caves of Steel as a movie would be fantastic.

Fassbender as R. Daneel Olivaw
An older Tom Hardy could be Detective Elijah
Maybe throw in Elizabeth Connoly as Jessie.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, I was hoping I, Robot would be more like Caves of Steel. That hope was dashed quickly.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Video Games:
Halo
Half Life
Bioshock

Books:
Wheel of Time (as a mini series on HBO or Showtime)
Rift Wars
Guardians of the Flame (Joel Rosenberg series)

Shows:
The Sopranos

Choctaw_sl

shitlord
"The 97th step", and "The Man who Never Missed". I think the Mistborn series has potential as well. And one from my childhood, "The White Mountains" trilogy

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the sequel to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
i just got through watching the motion picture for probably the 20th time. it starred Sam Rockwell, Martin Freeman, Zooey Deschannel, Mos Def and Alan Rickman as the voice of Marvin. its such an awesome movie, so funny and clever. it got me interested in Douglas's Adams's works. the book was better than the film, but i thought they did a great job adapting it. better than that one they did in the 80s. would love for them do Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Res...f_the_Universe

Palum

what Suineg set it to
the sequel to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
i just got through watching the motion picture for probably the 20th time. it starred Sam Rockwell, Martin Freeman, Zooey Deschannel, Mos Def and Alan Rickman as the voice of Marvin. its such an awesome movie, so funny and clever. it got me interested in Douglas's Adams's works. the book was better than the film, but i thought they did a great job adapting it. better than that one they did in the 80s. would love for them do Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Res...f_the_Universe
I thought I was alone in liking this movie. It was lighthearted comedy and well done, too. Not a masterpiece but definitely was worth a sequel.