MTG thread

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Buddy blew up after pulling an ooze out of a pack. Next pack I opened was a Chandra plus a foil Garruk. He's probably better off in the long run though.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Buddy blew up after pulling an ooze out of a pack. Next pack I opened was a Chandra plus a foil Garruk. He's probably better off in the long run though.
Haha it's awful but I think you're probably right. Maybe Theros will be good to green and bring Garruk up some for you though you never can tell.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Garruk is trading pretty good right now thanks to that elf deck at the scg, I'd flip that foil for a bunch right now if I were you.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't ooze around the $40-50 mark before they printed it in m14 and the promo? It was only in that commander deck, and that one sold for that much if you found one. It was a modern alternative to tarmogoyf.

But, mutavault and ooze will be the two chases cards from m14, probably both be $20+ in the next month. Mutavault just goes into so many decks, and theros sounds like its more mono-color centric, so mutavault will shoot up even more at that point if it's true. It was a $25-30ish card when it was legal in standard last time.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Hehe, I can't wait for the story where someone turns Mutavault into a creature and then has it stolen by an Olivia :3

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Ooze doesn't seem like it can get that high, since you can always get 1-4 of them for 10$ by doing dotp on steam/ipad.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I felt pretty sure he was at least $40 at some point, so I did a little researching.

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...-Problems.html
Article Chas Andres wrote mentioning how he climbed up to be worth $40+, along with other stuff in pre-con decks, but the first paragraph addresses ooze specifically.
http://ark42.com/mtg/pricehistory.ph...cavenging+Ooze
A hard to read graph showing price history based on the current set available.

It was definitely $40ish at many sources between dark ascension and the spoiling of it in m14.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I felt pretty sure he was at least $40 at some point, so I did a little researching.

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...-Problems.html
Article Chas Andres wrote mentioning how he climbed up to be worth $40+, along with other stuff in pre-con decks, but the first paragraph addresses ooze specifically.
http://ark42.com/mtg/pricehistory.ph...cavenging+Ooze
A hard to read graph showing price history based on the current set available.

It was definitely $40ish at many sources between dark ascension and the spoiling of it in m14.
Wondering what sources that site even uses since I'm not seeing a ton of places matching its pricing besides SCG....

It wants to tell me its $20 when I can pick it up easily for $13 all over the place. (I use ebay and tcgplayer for my card buying)

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Virtually everyone I've ever met uses TCG mid pricing to establish the "actual" price of a card. That doesn't mean you can't find it cheaper on TCG or eBay, but most stores will look to the mid price for local sales.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
TCG Mid is a pretty good baseline for trading, but pretty terrible for buying. Between various forums and ebay, you can get almost all cards at TCG Low or lower.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
That's accurate, yeah. I usually use TCG when I need cards within a week or so (say ordering Monday for an FNM brew that week). If it's collector's stuff or something I don't need immediately, I'll check eBay. The only things I buy locally are last minute deck necessities that I can't otherwise borrow, or the odd card here or there to support my local shop.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Of course TCG mid is terrible for buying
tongue.png
There will always be at least one place with a really good deal on an expensive cars. Coincidentally that makes TCG low terrible for determining trade value
tongue.png

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Most of the time with promos, once they're gone they're gone. It's surprising that they were able to get more.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's surprising that they were able to get more.

that is the exact reason as to are you sure.
the shop i help at, has yet to ever be able to get extra promo's