MTG thread

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Definitely participate no matter what. FTV20 for just top 8? Shit, I'd drive across town for that without thinking twice.

Blue is best if you're Sam Black and play like Sam Black. It's going to nickel and dime the opponent to death. If you want something more straightforward, push red/green. Honestly it all depends on what you open. There are some cards you just build around if you get em.

Speaking of which, I have fallen in love with Shadowborn Demon. Highly, highly underrated mythic right now. I have suspicions he'll be the diamond in the rough of next year, like Falkenrath was for this past Standard.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
anyone have any exp in trading online with other people via youtube or websites? any feed back would be nice.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Never done it. I've bought miniatures online and that worked out fine, but I didn't go through an intermediary or anything. I'd try to just stick to paypal and report them if they rip you off. Paypal loves to freeze accounts.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I'd only trade on something like mtgsalvation, and/or with people that have long and established histories on wherever you are finding them.

On another note: The stuff spoiled for Theros is pretty cool. Had heard some hints earlier that made me figure they were doing enchantment creatures and they are. They've retooled the old licids imo, and re-worded Chroma from eventide.

Ex:http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attac...7&d=1377576805
(3WW) Enchantment Creature
Flying, first strike, 4/4

Or, cast it for (5WW) and then it's an enchantment giving same stats to the creature (flying, first strike and +4/+4) but if the creature dies it stays as the creature it would be.

The gods are interesting also: They start as enchantments and go back and forth.

Thassa, God of the Sea
2U
Legendary Enchantment Creature ? God Mythic Rare
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to blue is less than five, Thassa isn?t a creature. (Each {U} in the mana costs of permanents you control adds to your devotion to blue.)
At the beginning of your upkeep, scry 1.
1{U}: Target creature you control can't be blocked this turn.
5/5

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
anyone have any exp in trading online with other people via youtube or websites? any feed back would be nice.
I used to trade on the WOTC forum, overall a good experience - only got ripped 2.5x but fortunately they weren't big trades. Best advice I can give is never send first, unless you're building up your cred in which case only do so with people with massive refs/trade history. Even so, you'd be surprised how many other people will send first to you. It takes a tad longer to build up your refs this way, but far far safer. And even with people you've agreed to simul-send to, don't. Make sure you get your shit before sending. If anyone says anything, make up some BS. If the worst anyone can say of you is your cards take a few days longer to arrive, you'll do ok. No matter what super awesome too good to be true offer you get, follow the above and you'll be ok.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Anyone else playing MTG at PAX? My plan is to enter the Friday blast from the past sealed (Innistrad, Dark Ascension, Avacyn, RTR, Gatecrash, and Dragon's Maze) then play in the Saturday 7pm standard tourney.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Anyone else playing MTG at PAX? My plan is to enter the Friday blast from the past sealed (Innistrad, Dark Ascension, Avacyn, RTR, Gatecrash, and Dragon's Maze) then play in the Saturday 7pm standard tourney.
I did last year, not sure that I will this year. It ate up a lot of time to essentially do the same thing as playing at CK for a 4 hour event with better prizes and much higher entry cost.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I'll be at dragoncon this weekend, might do some win a boxes. Otherwise I don't want to take up the whole weekend with cards.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I did last year, not sure that I will this year. It ate up a lot of time to essentially do the same thing as playing at CK for a 4 hour event with better prizes and much higher entry cost.
True and CK is doing drafts on Monday but I figure may as well try it at PAX. Plus the panels thus year aren't very attractive to me outside of Acquisitions Inc.

businesscats_sl

shitlord
Went 6-1-1 last night finishing 2nd. Just madethe deckrecently and haven't played it at a FNM so I was surprised at how well it did. A friend was thinking about what I should add now to make it stronger and suggestedDomri Rade. I'd like to get it rotation ready so I don't rely on pillar, searing spear, and blast act. Any suggestions on what I could throw in?

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
yeah when theros hits, you'll be using magma jet to set up your domri
mabey the emmisarys as well, also

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Thoughtseize is back. Yay
smile.png
Glad I held out on getting my playset.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
It really won't drop by that much tbh, the demand for this card is insane. It's playable in every format.
Huh? From 60? It is being reprinted at rare not mythic. Ebay has already plummeted from 60 to 30 ea and ~20 is likely 2-3 months after release.

Multiple formats doesn't hold up when it will be a rare in a set that will be opened 923840932842 times.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Multiple formats doesn't hold up when it will be a rare in a set that will be opened 923840932842 times.
$20 for a rare in todays mythic era is still pretty good. Just look at Snapcaster. It looks like Wizards is starting to realize that having a rare or two like Snapcaster, Mutavault, Thragtusk(when it was standard "Fresh"), shocks etc., are good for the game because it isn't just a mythic lottery and everything else is shit.

Also did you guys see Geists new bastard step-child? "But it dies to removal!" Inc in 3....2....1....
rrr_img_42264.jpg

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Had to read it multiple times, for a moment I thought the 'mana of any color' wasn't just specific to the revealed card.. heh.

Anyways, I must say the Gods so far all look overpowered in a mono color deck. Nykthos looks like it could be broken, or completely useless. I'm still undecided if it's worthless or broken in a mono color deck. I guess it's a win more card, but the ability to produce 5+ mana on turn 3 with a decent curve of mono color permanents seems broken. Thinking a mono-G ramp/stompy deck could break it. Mana elves and the GG 3/3 dude from m13, etc.. drop some 6+ drop on turn 3 or 4 and just win. Add in the green god for something to do with the excess mana after your hand is empty. Seems decent.
I also wouldn't be surprised to see some other pseudo combo deck break it somehow.

But, so far, blue is looking like it picked up some amazing stuff. The blue god is a great enchantment even before it's a creature, scrying every turn. The new bounce creature spell that lets you scry is great.. It's obviously still too early in the spoiler cycle, but the currently spoiled blue cards support a mono-blue aggro-control tempo deck that wins in the mid game. Sort of like how faeries wasn't a pure control deck. It would need more utility creatures in the 1-3 mana range, but Thassa, Bident of Thassa and previous ravnica cards are a good base for that deck so far.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Did a bunch if the tournies at PAX. It was fun, didn't win anything but did top four some stuff. I did at least go even in terms of entry fees and cards I got including a tarmogoyf I pulled from a modern masters pack.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Had zero time to play at dragoncon, which bummed me out. On the other hand, we sold stuff like gangbusters so my buddy's new business did really well.

I'm liking Theros so far. If Erebos is playable, it might raise the stock on Dark Prophecy alongside other devotion abilities. I feel like a heavy devotion to black could make that common zombie pretty fuckin powerful at times.