MTG thread

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean all these dumb gimmick things are for short term profit. Worry about the brand 10 years from now later.

Vinen

God is dead
They've been slowly fucking LGS more and more over the last few years. it's really getting absurd at this point.

LGS in the Boston area appear to have stabilized. Plenty of business but they don't really open boxes. I go to one in Central Square (Pandemonium Books) and that place can be an utter zoo during FNM and Pre-release. They did get fucked by WOTC during FNM this week as the WPN? program shit all over itself and they couldn't start the tournament. Judge nearly bit my head off when I went to check in as I hadn't done FNM there before and didn't know where to put the slit. Once I found out why I understood...

Best part is. WOTC customer support was shut down for the Holiday.

//I need to lock my credit card between the hours of 5PM and 12AM. Drunken purchased a BGS 8 Unlimited Timetwister for 2500.

Last edited:
  • 2WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Bro if you want to throw away money, I'm on disability right now and broke as hell lol

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
//I need to lock my credit card between the hours of 5PM and 12AM. Drunken purchased a BGS 8 Unlimited Timetwister for 2500.

Solid pick up considering the fucked EDH rules. Rookie mistake on that white border for drunk purchases though. :p

Vinen

God is dead
Solid pick up considering the fucked EDH rules. Rookie mistake on that white border for drunk purchases though. :p

I'm not drunk enough to buy Beta or Alpha Power9. Sol Ring Beta yes... Power9 no

Few cards from my EDH deck

Mana Drain was from a legends pack yolo
City of Brass from a Arabian knights back yolo
Gilded Drake from my water damaged Urzas Saga box I paid 1K for (looks like 700 USD worth of cards > 5 USD)
Transmute I just bought off tcgplayer.

20191207_163004.jpg

I was quite pleased with the Mana Drain and City of Brass since I have opened up 1 pack of each of those sets... ever (including 25? years ago)

My deck is showing 10G on multiple deck building sites. Probably paid 6K. Tabernacle and Timetwister are the only cards of extreme value. Commander is Jhoira. Why can't we have slutty cards :( Shes dressed too conservatively... fucking Woke of the Coast.

Last edited:

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Maybe they'll make a new Sivitri Scarzam in Commander Legends next year.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I was quite pleased with the Mana Drain and City of Brass since I have opened up 1 pack of each of those sets... ever (including 25? years ago)

Never been a pack hound, too much of a gamble. Mostly just flipped cards up and bought low.

I'm essentially out of things to buy at this point. I'm largely just picking up signed versions of staples so I can sell off the unsigned eventually. Chasing down signs from Chippy, Wayne England, Rush etc. keeps me occupied.

I have so little time to play it's my way of staying involved in the hobby.

Last edited:

Vinen

God is dead
Never been a pack hound, too much of a gamble. Mostly just flipped cards up and bought low.

I'm essentially out of things to buy at this point. I'm largely just picking up signed versions of staples so I can sell off the unsigned eventually. Chasing down signs from Chippy, Wayne English, Rush etc. keeps me occupied.

I have so little time to play it's my way of staying involved in the hobby.

I have no self control. I probably have equal or less playtime than you.
I just have 20-30 minutes with ebay and tcgplayer each night,

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Commander is Jhoira. Why can't we have slutty cards :( Shes dressed too conservatively... fucking Woke of the Coast.

When see first came out I saw plenty of alters who changed that from some more cleavage to some 18+ stuff

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Random prediction after reading a bunch of Marin on Maro: more alternate types of tokens besides Food tokens are coming, probably enchantment tokens I'd think

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This has turned into a really depressing thread over the last year. It just doesn't seem like a fun game anymore and I don't think I've had desire to play since....2017? Are those of you in the competitive scene a bit disillusioned as well?

Vinen

God is dead
This has turned into a really depressing thread over the last year. It just doesn't seem like a fun game anymore and I don't think I've had desire to play since....2017? Are those of you in the competitive scene a bit disillusioned as well?

I've found Commander to be the only enjoyable constructed format. The more casual nature of it makes it more appealing. The competitive ones are too much about mirror matches until the first waves of bans hit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Depends on what you mean specifically. Standard actually seems like it's in a pretty good spot now with that last batch of bannings. Limited is still limited and awesome. Pioneer has actually been pretty popular locally and seems pretty good.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Formats are fine, you just need to avoid the hyper competitive shitheels. It's much more fun to get drunk and play in a bar.

• 1Dislike

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
In highschool I had the chance to pick up over 20 dual lands for essentially nothing, but I didn't want to fleece the kids anymore than I already was. Think I was the only kid in my highschool that did tournaments and had a clue, during Revised/Dark/Fallen Empires (lol at the last one). They were $20 rares at the time. I dunno why I mention this, but I think of it often when I read this thread.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In highschool I had the chance to pick up over 20 dual lands for essentially nothing, but I didn't want to fleece the kids anymore than I already was. Think I was the only kid in my highschool that did tournaments and had a clue, during Revised/Dark/Fallen Empires (lol at the last one). They were $20 rares at the time. I dunno why I mention this, but I think of it often when I read this thread.

for every you, there were way too many me's.

/cry Trading a black lotus from one of my first packs for 3 Craw Wurms....

• 1WTF

Chris

Potato del Grande

Probably going to be hot garbage, given the companies attached.

Looks like shit. Nothing about that trailer said it was MTG other than the shards of glass being the 5 colours.

No recognisable characters, creatures or locations. Just generic fantasy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
for every you, there were way too many me's.

/cry Trading a black lotus from one of my first packs for 3 Craw Wurms....
First trade I ever did was swapping that ugly volcanic island for two lands. Two lands in my deck is better than just one! More mana!