MTG thread

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it was broken when devotion was known as affinity to artifacts, the whole mechanic is very binary. There's very little ground where its good, but not too good.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Devotion isn't quite affinity. It really is closer to Chroma, though I can see comparisons to both. I suspect that's why we've gotten no cards that discount one another based on Devotion, instead focusing on effect size.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Well, Affinity wasn't quite Affinity with only the first set in the block. It was mostly bad but undercosted creatures.

Then came the Arcbound Ravager. And Skullclamp.

Wizards commented on Affinity at the time saying they wouldn't ever make people's decks for them again but you never know. I don't even know if Devotion is going to be in the next set or if they'll release more cards with it specifically in mind.

Fucking won a tournament at Channel Fireball on Tuesday and when I went to collect my prize I forgot to put away my deck. Now some punk kid took it. Long day at work and my own absentmindedness. The store owners aren't really being helpful.

21 Mountain
2 Nythkos

4 Young Pyromancer
4 Ash Zealot
4 Chandra's Phoenix
4 Boros Reckoner
2 Purphorous
3 Stormbreath Dragons

2 Chandra, Pyromancer

2 Mizzium Mortars
2 Shocks
1 Flames of the Firebrand
4 Magma Jets
4 Lightning Strikes
1 Molten Birth

If anyone can sell me these cards on the cheap I will appreciate it.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Wow, shitty. If there's a silver lining there, at least it isn't *too* expensive. I know that isn't much help, but at least it's not a dozen shocks along with it all. :/

Maybe not, but I'm still tempted to put up posters around the store rewarding anyone who has information on who stole that pack.

I'll gladly pay 300 bucks to have the opportunity to give some thief an ass-whooping.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Does ChannelFireball not have cameras? I find it very hard to believe a large, well-known shop like that doesn't have some sort of security.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Man I am stomping these 64 man THS drafts on MTGO. Just top 8'd my last 4 and won 1 and 3rd in the others and did the same yesterday. I've almost always been forcing red/white blue/white agro decks with 16 lands and am wrecking face. Almost nobody goes red/white like ever so you see cards like anax and cymede and akroan hoplites going unusually late.

rrr_img_46791.jpg

rrr_img_46792.jpg

p.s. I've got theros boosters/ticks for sale via paypal for the best price you can get guaranteed if anyone is interested.

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First box opened was pretty good. No Planes Walkers, but 2 Thassa's and a Master of Waves helps make up for that. Also got 1 Thoughtseize and 1 Nykthos shrine. Got quite a few money rares that include Anger of the Gods, 2 Fleecemane lions and a Hero's Down Fall. All in all easily paid for the box. This set appears to be a good "Buy a box" set.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Got a chance to go to GP Louisville this weekend if I want, but I'm debating just staying home for game day. I really want an All is Dust, though.
frown.png

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
2cc, mono white, instant vindicate(even better cause you can't recur it from the graveyard) in my Legacy? Say it ain't so!
attachment.php

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
21 person FNM saw only one Devotion deck in play tonight, Red. And it got its ass handed to it all night. I wonder if this is a function of player ignorance of the mechanic, player preparation against the mechanic, or player lack of key rares to make said mechanic work? For me personally, it is lack of cards.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Red devotion doesn't really take many rares. Fanatic of Mogis is the finisher, and it's uncommon.

I had smooth sailing at FNM all night with Esper until I hit mono-red aggro in the quarterfinals and got stomped. It's just so, so fast.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I ordered a box of korean theros, showed up yesterday. Was planning to open about half the box then resell the other packs on ebay, got an elspeth, thoughtseize, nykthos, 3 temples and a hero's downfall in the first 18ish packs, pretty damn good overall. Then, I'm debating opening one more or not. Finally give in and see soldier of pantheon.. followed by a foil stormbreath dragon! WOOT!
If I just sell the stormbreath and the remaining 16ish packs, I'll make back my money for the box and scored the other cards for free
biggrin.png

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
Fucking won a tournament at Channel Fireball on Tuesday and when I went to collect my prize I forgot to put away my deck. Now some punk kid took it. Long day at work and my own absentmindedness. The store owners aren't really being helpful.
Dude I know that feel. I had an entire ultrapro card holder/bag thing full of my 2 competitive decks, full playsets of FNM promos from stuff I had won, signed Wrath of God, full 25 foil of every land, and a few other signed cards including Shadowmage Infiltrator...probably more than 5-600 bucks in there all told. I went to make a phone call and came back and it was gone. Wasn't gone more than 3 minutes.

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You left all that for a phone call? I had less value and I never left it unless with a friend watching it for me.

On the bright side. I had so much value from that box that I was able to trade the cards in for another box and a fat pack. Working my way up to a case(Not really).

Xalara

Golden Squire
Managed to place third tonight at Theros game day using a variant of Willy Edel's black/green deck. Gaze of Granite is probably one of my favourite cards right now. All that said I am wondering if I don't want to try mono-black devotion. I hit a couple of 8 devotion Grey Merchant of Asphodel's and it swung games left and right.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I'm considering trying out a Rock deck like that soon. I have the cards for it, just haven't put a list together. It's hard to pry me away from Esper, though.