MTG thread

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Michael Jacobs has been practice drafting for the PT for the last week and has been successful with the same types of decks you have been posting. Seems like a fun set.
Yeah I definitely watch his channel a lot, especially for more complex draft formats.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Since last whining i decided to man up and hit the draft with a fresh attitude and more color flexibility when drafting. 2 wins and 1 win and just accepted my brain no longer works

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Found my old collection I bought 20 years ago. I know nothing about MTG because my friend that I was going to play with escape to America...

A relative wanted to buy it as he has started playing himself. What could I charge for this without feeling like "noticed person"?

Sorted by rarity, most is from Ursas Saga and no cards are probably worth anything by themselves.

PXL_20230429_141300137.MP.jpg
PXL_20230429_134702793.jpg

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Found my old collection I bought 20 years ago. I know nothing about MTG because my friend that I was going to play with escape to America...

A relative wanted to buy it as he has started playing himself. What could I charge for this without feeling like "noticed person"?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You people have the grimiest keyboards.

Sorted by rarity, most is from Ursas Saga and no cards are probably worth anything by themselves.

View attachment 471177View attachment 471179
If you've got a lot of commons from that era, you want to look for Rhystic Study.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea everything is dusty as hell. Doing some home improvement and the cleaning has been slacking.

I found one Rhystic Study.

These are mainly the icons on the cards that I have. Anything else worth sifting through for the commons?

PXL_20230430_060909450.jpg

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
#fair, 7-2 and only lost 2 games because I couldn't draw an island either game.

1682909175715.jpeg

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I have been on absolute tilt the past 4-5 drafts lol, I think I lost 10 games in a row at one point.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The game transitioned away from gameplay to alternate art a while ago.
It's both dude. Imo Magic is the best it's ever been at the moment. I especially love playing Historic.

War of the Machines is kind of meh but there's good enough eternal formats on MTGA these days (Explorer for people that don't like "weird" cards that only work in a digital environment, Historic for people that want a slightly deeper card pool with more complicated gameplay) that during periods where the current set is meh I am still happy to log in and play my eternal decks.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Very good decision. Standard is a hard format to get into and keep up with. Hard for new players to get established in depending on the meta, and hard for older players to keep up with if they stop playing for even 3-6 months or whatever. The deeper card pool will help both these issues.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The game transitioned away from gameplay to alternate art a while ago.
It's a very stupid complaint.

People were making money selling quasi-gameplay legal altars and non-legal proxies, there was no reason for WOTC to not get in on the cash from alternate art versions of cards.

It has had no impact on the quality of Standard sets.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's a very stupid complaint.

People were making money selling quasi-gameplay legal altars and non-legal proxies, there was no reason for WOTC to not get in on the cash from alternate art versions of cards.

It has had no impact on the quality of Standard sets.

Yea don't go blaming weird secret lair art when it's entirely commanders fault standard sets are weird and stupid.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yea don't go blaming weird secret lair art when it's entirely commanders fault standard sets are weird and stupid.
It's not even. Big dumb timmy rares existed and took up rare slots long before Commander. EDH/Commander was invented as a format to actually play those cards. Then they kept printing them.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of big dumb timmy rares, the 7-2 I just finished:

JoKzL7I.png

• 2Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fantasy Flight Games announces a new Star Wars CCG and the announcement is just like "Hey, so, like, we know we've fucked up... a lot. Wanna throw a couple grand at us again?"

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Fantasy Flight Games announces a new Star Wars CCG and the announcement is just like "Hey, so, like, we know we've fucked up... a lot. Wanna throw a couple grand at us again?"
That's how government works, continually, everywhere, so why not?