MTG thread

Tonic_sl

shitlord
I still have quite a few of my Alpha, Beta and Unlimited cards from when I was 10 in 93. Also have a very well kept copy of Inquest #1. Also played through Ice Age and stopped playing mostly because I was a kid with no income and couldn't afford the cards. I should go through the stuff I have and see if any cards are worth a damn.

Sterling

El Presidente
Alpha and Beta commons and land even have some value. Unlimited commons/uncommons not so much outside of the obvious ones.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I still have quite a few of my Alpha, Beta and Unlimited cards from when I was 10 in 93. Also have a very well kept copy of Inquest #1. Also played through Ice Age and stopped playing mostly because I was a kid with no income and couldn't afford the cards. I should go through the stuff I have and see if any cards are worth a damn.
I'll buy Alpha and Beta lands from you! =D

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wish the online version of this would be updated so that it didnt feel so damn ugly. I would play if it was actually halfway decent looking UI.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
4-0'd the local Modern tonight with Scapeshift having never played the deck before until the tournament started. I fumbled the first couple of rounds but goddamn if the deck can't just win out of nowhere. Rounds 3 and 4 I felt a little more comfortable and actually had to play well to beat em. I even managed to go 2-1 vs Soul Sisters somehow.

It's really a lot more resilient than it looks on paper. I mostly built it out of boredom, but I may stick with it a while.

Lusiphur

Peasant
4-0'd the local Modern tonight with Scapeshift having never played the deck before until the tournament started. I fumbled the first couple of rounds but goddamn if the deck can't just win out of nowhere. Rounds 3 and 4 I felt a little more comfortable and actually had to play well to beat em. I even managed to go 2-1 vs Soul Sisters somehow.

It's really a lot more resilient than it looks on paper. I mostly built it out of boredom, but I may stick with it a while.
It is kind of dependant on the local meta though HT. One well placed Pithing Needle or Surgical Extraction (and there are others that I can't remember off the top of my head) will really ruin your day. I suspect people will start sideboarding answers. Scapeshift is tier 1 for modern though. Mind you, as a burn player I always like dropping a Blood Moon and watching a Scapeshift player sigh and scoop.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Are you sure you're thinking of the correct deck? Pithing Needle doesn't actually hit anything, and Surgical Extraction won't hit a Scapeshift unless I discard it to Izzet Charm. Slaughter Games is brutal, and I did get hit by it one game vs. Jund, but those cards don't hose the deck at all. Hell, Blood Moon enables it. For as many basics as I fetch out, I am more than happy to have all my non-basics turned into mountains so that I can do more damage when the deck goes off. I have no idea why a Scapeshift player would scoop to Blood Moon.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Yeah, I meant Slaughter Games. However, I was right about Blood Moon I think, your Valakut is a Mountain too. Hence no kill shot.
I assume you are Cambriel on MTGSalvation, HT ?
wink.png

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that's me.
tongue.png

As for Blood Moon, there's a half dozen main deck answers to that card before going off. I still wouldn't scoop to it. Hell, I didn't scoop to Sowing Salt.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Indeed HT, Scapeshift has plenty of bounces. But. I specifically said I played Burn. Burn + Blood Moon is a bad day for Scapeshift. It is weak against aggro generally and Blood Moon slows it down even more.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I've heard it has a bad aggro match but I didn't actually run into a burn deck. I know man lands in Jund gave me some issues. Vs. straight up Burn I'd likely have to side in Baloths and Wurmcoils and worry less about a combo kill. I want to play vs Robots as well, since that's the big aggro deck in the format. Pod and Jund both felt pretty good, and I'll be better in the sideboard games once I track down Shadow of Doubt.

Winning Soul Sisters felt really great considering all the lifegain that deck can muster up. I managed to fight through a turn 3 Martyr of Sands activation for 12 followed by 2 Serra Ascendants thanks to topdecking 3 Cryptics and 2 Snapcasters.
smile.png

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
anyones thought on there attempts from going from Standard-Modern-Legacy? i want to play fish for legacy, i have an "ok" fish for modern but very rarely get to play, most of my stock goes into my EDH stuff, eventually I'd liek to get some power and play Legacy Fish.
Thoughts?

Sterling

El Presidente
Merfolk has my vote for best intro deck into Legacy since the expensive cards in the deck are good in many decks for the format (Wasteland and Force of Will).

rad

Lord of Guk
Merfolk has my vote for best intro deck into Legacy since the expensive cards in the deck are good in many decks for the format (Wasteland and Force of Will).
For some reason I thought Daze was inherently better in merfolk decks.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Merfolk is on my legacy short list since I already have Wastelands. Once I get around to buying FoW I'll pretty much have it done. I'm probably going to focus on Tarmogoyfs first, though. They'll open up more decks to me.