NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Jordan built the Bulls into a 6x champion and never had to ditch out on his team
Sure. Chicago is a huge market and he was gifted the second best player in the league during the 6 titles via a trade for fucking Olden Polyniece lol. Why do Jordan fans always forget the dude only played 2 1/4 seasons without Pippen. The same Pippen who won 55 fucking games while Jordan was playing baseball. The same Pippen who got robbed in the playoffs.

If the Cavs had drafted a "Pippen" for LeBron we wouldn't be having this conversation. Jordan didn't have to leave because from very early in his career he had Pippen. LeBron had to leave to get that, after waiting 7 years for the Cavs to get it for him.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
No one hated LeBron before "The Decision" and he pulled that shit in their Pre-Championship Pep Rally "Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4" etc..

As a Mavs fan, I still don't hate LeBron. I hate #1 Dwayne Wade (because he's a flopping douchebag and made fun of Dirk being sick), #2 The Heat as a collective, and then a big gap before #3 The Spurs

I don't know if he was the 2nd best player in the early early 90s but Pippen is way way way underrated. He took the Bulls to the brink of another Finals in the year Jordan was retired.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
let's play a game, all the players better than pippen 1990-1997
1.) Charles Barkley
2.) David Robinson
3.) Karl Malone
4.) Hakeem
5.) Clyde Drexler
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pippen was, by far, the second best player in the entire NBA from 1990 to 1997. Argue it all you want.
J6jqrDH.jpg

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Barkley, Karl Malone, David Robinson, Gary Payton, Clyde Drexler, goes on and on. You'd have to be a complete fucking moron to call Pippen the 2nd best player in the league. Top 10? Maybe, he was still obviously a great player.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Shaq's title years came later. Akeem's came after Pippen got robbed against the Knicks and after the Bulls lost when a rusty Jordan came back. I dunno. It's cemented in my mind when the GOAT retires and Pippen's Bulls win 55 games and should've at least made the ECF. Usually when a player of that caliber leaves the team goes 19-63.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Barkley, Karl Malone, David Robinson, Gary Payton, Clyde Drexler, goes on and on. You'd have to be a complete fucking moron to call Pippen the 2nd best player in the league. Top 10? Maybe, he was still obviously a great player.
Barkley beat by the Bulls. Robinson no title until Duncan and the Bulls were broken up. Payton beat by the Bulls. Malone beat by the Bulls twice. Drexler beat by the Bulls.

Again, Jordan retired Pippen took the Bulls to a 55 win season. That says it all.

Titles = best player? Are you stupid? Wait, don't answer.
Oh it changes? So titles = best player when talking about Kobe/Jordan compared to LeBron but not when talking about Pippen being better than the players that fucking lost to his team in the Finals?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Yeah pippen is somewhere between 6th and 8th best player to me, those years.(sans jordan)

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Yeah pippen is somewhere between 6th and 8th best player to me, those years.(sans jordan)
Explain how 1992-1993 Bulls win 57 games and the title. Next year without the supposed GOAT they win 55 fucking games and get robbed in the playoffs. That team could've and should've won the title without that fucked call against the Knicks.

A two game dropoff WITHOUT MICHAEL JORDAN IN HIS FUCKING PRIME.

Pippen is so underrated it's ridiculous.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
You're trying to compare a team game to individuals, so in that logic EDDY CURRY > Karl Malone or Elgin Baylor.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Barkley beat by the Bulls. Robinson no title until Duncan and the Bulls were broken up. Payton beat by the Bulls. Malone beat by the Bulls twice. Drexler beat by the Bulls.

Again, Jordan retired Pippen took the Bulls to a 55 win season. That says it all.

Oh it changes? So titles = best player when talking about Kobe/Jordan compared to LeBron but not when talking about Pippen being better than the players that fucking lost to his team in the Finals?
Yeah, when have I made these arguments? Pippen was great, 2nd best player in the league? Did you lose brain cells when you got choked against the wall at fan faire?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Explain how 1992-1993 Bulls win 57 games and the title. Next year without the supposed GOAT they win 55 fucking games and get robbed in the playoffs. That team could've and should've won the title without that fucked call against the Knicks.

A two game dropoff WITHOUT MICHAEL JORDAN IN HIS FUCKING PRIME.

Pippen is so underrated it's ridiculous.
1971-1972 Lakers Elgin Baylor Retires the Lakers Win the Championship that year AND they had a 33 game winning streak.

I watched every knick game for a 8 year period the knicks could NEVER get passed Jordan, they didn't even play well that series they beat the bulls with pippen, Stop being like the Jet's and trying to hang your hat on a conference finals games that you lost.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Second best player in the league. Hence so little dropoff when Jordan retired the first time. 57 with Jordan 55 with Pippen. LeBron leaves Cavs they go from 60 wins to 19. Shaq leaves Lakers they go from 56 wins to 34 wins.

Not to mention all the talk about those years being the "real" NBA years and LeBron would've sucked some ass against the elite physical competition. Yet, Pippen, against the elite physical competition and without Jordan the supposed GOAT he only lost TWO more games than the previous seasons champs with Jordan?

It's crazy to see someone like Pippen continue to be so underrated. I'd go so far as to say that without Pippen Jordan ends up being like Carmelo Anthony. A guy who can score but never really did anything other than score.

Go fuck yourself
Everyone knows the foul on Pippen was bullshit and it changed the series.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Lebron hate is absolutely ridiculous at this point. The guy doesn't take over games? Are you insane? Just read the thread once the 4th quarter started. He's a different kind of player than MJ in Kobe for sure, but when he has to go into beast mode, he's fully capable, he's unselfish almost to a fault. I don't know if it was great coaching growing up or his personality but the guy seems to always think of the smart play instead of the star play.

I have no problems with people not liking Lebron, there's some things not to like about his past, but if you don't like his game, you probably just started watching basketball recently or you just flat out hate the dude, I don't care what you think your other reasoning is

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Underrating Pippen would be putting him lower than the 10th best player, he's CORRECTLY rated.

They tied for the 6th best record in the league that year. I wonder how all those teams ahead of the Bulls got there. Must have been luck.