NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
So how bout that sellout crowd last night...
and why are they trying to ban lil wayne from all basketball games, what did he do besides look dumb as fuck trying to dribble the ball during halftime?

best

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
holy shit @ him doing #26 at that age
Jordan made me like black people.... i kid i kid

i wonder if there are some quality vids of sir charles and bill.

i didnt catch the special tonight gonna watch it when i wake up, how'd that go btw?

Titan_sl

shitlord
It's kinda scary watching that, and seeing how much Kobe acts just like Jordan. Jordan is the GOAT but LeBron may get close... But he will never even come close to ball handling. Damn

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
^thought that too. I grew up watching MJ, but it had still been a while to remember that basically every characteristic Kobe has now he grabbed from Jordan. I event went and watched his HOF induction video after that one. I love me some Jordan

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Kobe should consider himself lucky that he's even talked about in the same sentence as Jordan.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
It's kinda scary watching that, and seeing how much Kobe acts just like Jordan. Jordan is the GOAT but LeBron may get close... But he will never even come close to ball handling. Damn
I never really noticed that, i fucking hate kobe and the lakers so i dont watch thier games until the playoffs but now that i think about it now and compare the two, does make alot of sense he stole MJ's SWAG, he uses the that ugly rat face instead of the tongue.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dwight ain't coming to Houston this summer. Morey wouldn't know what to do with himself if he actually had 2 centerpieces to build a team around. He needs 1 good player and 14 available for trade players to function

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Surprised the Flu game wasn't 1 or 2 up there on the Jordan video.

Fuck I miss those days of the NBA. I wish I could go back to the 80's and start watching basketball all over again for the first time.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Surprised the Flu game wasn't 1 or 2 up there on the Jordan video.

Fuck I miss those days of the NBA. I wish I could go back to the 80's and start watching basketball all over again for the first time.
I don't know that I could handle going through the 2000s again. Isolation basketball nearly killed the game for me...still don't follow the game nearly the same way I used to.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I shoulda mentioned I would have stopped around there. My mistake, I just want those two decades back like I'm watching them for the first time.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I know what you mean...I just want the '98/'99 strike to last about 10 years so I don't ever know that the NBA can be that bad, though.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm a relatively new NBA fan (started watching in 2007). What was so bad about the 2000s? What made the game different in the 80s/90s?

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
The NBA slowly eliminated physical defensive play starting around '95. Someone else could probably explain it better though.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
They implemented the zone to slow down Shaq and destroyed post play. (that and hand check rules.) Honestly there are just too many subjective rules letting the refs run wild with calls any time they like. If they want a better product they should focus on making foul calls a more clear cut thing and reducing free throws which gotta be the most boring bullshit in any sport. Yeah, real fun watching some dude stand at a line and shoot an unguarded shot.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The Bad Boys would have been banned from the league in today's game.
frown.png

Djay

Trakanon Raider
It still happens on some teams, but not as much as it used to...basically, 4 players would go to one side of the floor while the other would try to take on the other team by himself. Passing was a lost art...there were very few teams playing "team basketball" which is what I enjoy. Some of the biggest problems in the game for me, even now, go back to eliminating hand-checking.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah. It was also a phase where scoring was WAY overvalued so you'd see guys like Antoine Walker and Glenn Robinson make multiple all star teams and get max contracts when there was no objective way to justify giving them either other than "dur, these guys can put up 20 ppg." Michael Beasley would be an all star had he played in the 90s. You'd see teams base entire offenses around guys like Allen Houston who could shoot jumpers and not do anything else. It was really a weird time for the game when PPG was the only stat that mattered. Teams didn't care how you got to those PPG just that you did and then you got paid.

I will say though Iverson was a baller and a ton of fun to watch. He might be the proto iso ball player but he's also the one exception that made that style entertaining.