NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
"jordan left Malone off the NBA champions list"
Well Malone isn't an NBA champion.

Now Malone has released the following statement this afternoon.

Hall of Famer Karl Malone revealed he has Michael Jordan on his all-time NBA starting five after all, and was just "messing" with sports radio host Dan Patrick.
LoL. He's done the same thing in the past, I always find it funy how bitter he is about Jordan and Jordan stuff aside I've never been fond of the man. I was glad when he went to the Lakers his final season that my Pistons were able to deny him his championship.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
that's the joke.avi

and yeah Malone is a dbag and probably overrated on top of it

Djay

Trakanon Raider
He was great, but Sloan was a big, big reason that he was as great as he was.
Anyway:
Russell, James, Bird, Jordan, Magic

The Center spot changes depending on my mood (I can be talked into Chamberlain, Kareem...even Hakeem), but the other 4 spots are pretty concrete in my mind.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Russell would be a great rim protector for that team, I still think Shaq in his prime has been forgotten way too soon from a dominance standpoint. 93-'03 was pretty insane

Djay

Trakanon Raider
One of the main reasons I leave Shaq off my lists of great Centers is because his entire offensive game revolved around charging into the defender. (Yes, throwing your weight back into a stationary defender is an offensive foul.) If the officials had appropriately called offensive fouls on him, he wouldn't have lasted until halftime most games. Maybe he would have adjusted his game, but I doubt it...he never showed that type of work ethic.

The other reason is that he mostly played in an era with no other great centers. Hakeem and Robinson dominated him early in his career and once they got old he didn't have another challenge until Yao, really. For those reasons, he's on the next tier for me.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That's ridiculous. Shaq had a decent little hook shot and good footwork. If anything, EVERYONE else should have fouled out every game. There was an ASSTON of contact allowed against Shaq. It's a wonder he didn't go off the reservation and severely beat people sometimes.

Shaq was a monster, he was bigger, faster, and meaner than anyone playing. Not that he didnt' have faults, he had plenty, but as a pure specimen? Monster.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah if all it was for Shaq was size, every 7' 300 pounder in the world at the time would have been tearing up the NBA. His 00/01 year (when they went 16-1 in the playoffs) was one of the most dominant seasons ever.

I don't think he belongs in the conversation because he could have kept that production up for another 5 years and didn't.

Wilt is my choice at C pretty easily. And Malone at PF due to a lack of better options. Can't really put James there since he's played the 3 his whole career. He could be the best PF all time if he would switch there full time though.

Bird, Jordan, Magic are no brainers, although statistically you could make an argument for Chris Paul at PG.

George Karl fired. That's pretty nuts.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It's hard to say, Shaq had a ton of wear and tear from carrying around that weight. He probably could have dieted better, but he developed foot problems which limited his mobility and explosion. He was dominate an awful long time. He was great from the moment he got in the NBA. 23.4 points, 13.9 rebounds his first year, up to 29.3 ppg the next year. That last season with the Lakers everything went wrong and it started downhill from there. (though I guess he was gifted that Miami championship after!!!)

They also changed the rules because of him.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I don't know what's crazier, that Denver thinks they can do better than George Karl, or Memphis thinks they can do better without Lionel Hollins.

NBA coaching sources told ESPN.com that the Memphis Grizzlies -- who are still deciding whether or not to bring back Lionel Hollins -- will definitely discuss their job with Karl now that he's available.
The guy that should get run is Scott Brooks. That's a peachy coaching gig, could probably get a top notch guy in there easily.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
I think the dominance of guys like Wilt and Russell is severely overblown given the eras they played in. I could probably score 100 points in a game too if I was a giant black guy going up against 5 dopey white guys.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I met Wilt Chamberlain as a kid, he was a monster of a man as well. He would have been dominate in any era imo.

Wilt-Chamberlain-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-and-Andre-the-Giant.jpg

Xannder_sl

shitlord
Yeah if all it was for Shaq was size, every 7' 300 pounder in the world at the time would have been tearing up the NBA. His 00/01 year (when they went 16-1 in the playoffs) was one of the most dominant seasons ever.

I don't think he belongs in the conversation because he could have kept that production up for another 5 years and didn't.

Wilt is my choice at C pretty easily. And Malone at PF due to a lack of better options. Can't really put James there since he's played the 3 his whole career. He could be the best PF all time if he would switch there full time though.

Bird, Jordan, Magic are no brainers, although statistically you could make an argument for Chris Paul at PG.

George Karl fired. That's pretty nuts.
Malone over Duncan, Garnett or Nowitzki?

Djay

Trakanon Raider
His 00/01 year (when they went 16-1 in the playoffs) was one of the most dominant seasons ever.

As long as we agree that he doesn't belong in the conversation.
wink.png

If I'm not allowed to put James there, then I'm going with Duncan. Barkley even admits he's the best PF of all-time.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
It will come down to game 7. Tied in quintuple overtime 139-139 with seconds to go, Tony Parker misses the shot and the ball goes out of bounds with .1 seconds left after careening off the head of the lead official, instantly killing him. The entire arena is hushed as the official's body is carted off. Everyone is in shock. It looks like it will come down to another overtime, but then the replacement official comes out...it's JOEY CRAWFORD and he's wearing the WWE Championship belt! Tim Duncan lets out a "OH FUCK!" and Joey T's him up for cursing without Joey's permission. David Stern calls for a special trade exception because the game will never end between these two evenly matched teams. Pat Riley trades everyone but Juwan Howard and Joel Anthony for Tracy McGrady.

TMAC SHOOTS THE TECHNICAL FREE THROW AND LEBRON, PARKER, WADE, BOSH, AND DUNCAN ALL WEEP IN DISBELIEF AS THEY INBOUND WITH .1 SECONDS AND THE GAME ENDS. THE MIAMI MCGRADY'S WIN THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP IN 7!