NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
How'd that Cleveland team do the following year after Lebron left? Are you intentionally trying to sound retarded?

Also Jordan is the best, no doubt, but that Bulls team still won like 55 games after he left
Well delusional Lebron fan. You do realize that the entire team was gutted and half the roster was different the next year right? So you'd have to compare it to Jordan's second retirement where the bulls went 13-37. Do you have any other retarded things to say?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Well delusional Lebron fan. You do realize that the entire team was gutted and half the roster was different the next year right? So you'd have to compare it to Jordan's second retirement where the bulls went 13-37. Do you have any other retarded things to say?
Seriously dude. What the fuck are you talking about?

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I guess he's talking about Ilgauskus or the 23mpg Shaq gave the Cavs? Nevermind CLE actually trying to get better that next year by trading for Baron Davis. Don't let facts get in the way of his argument though

The best player Lebron played with in Cleveland was probably Mo Williams. Their biggest free agent signing was Larry Hughes. His final game of CLE he was 27/19/10, but they like to focus on game 5 of that series rather than the years of MVP play he gave them. I like to root against that fanbase, and I hope he doesn't return their just because of those entitled shits (congrats on your second #1 pick in 3 years btw, Cleveland).

Posting facts about things by the way now constitutes someone in this thread as a Lebron lover to a large portion of the forums. Guys who didn't watch a lick of basketball until the Heat became fun to root against also are the ones who like to talk about flopping ruining the game. The Celtics mastered this shit well before anyone, Pierce is basically the king of the 'sniper rifle' in the crowd foul act (kobe too). I put the blame mainly on the refs, if you don't sell a foul well enough these days you aren't getting them, and they also reward obvious flops at the same time. These are the best of the best apparently, they should be able to tell at this point

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
LeBron haters are like Dallas fans now.
This,

I rooted against lebron and jordan during games they played while rooting for the knicks But I'm not so arrogantly retarded and to say lebron isn't a great player who gets his team mates involved. watch carmelo anthony if you want to watch a player who honestly is just a scorer doesn't get other players involved.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Where did I lose you? Someone said when Lebron left Cleveland they had a terrible record the next year while the Bulls were still good after Jordan left. It's a terrible comparison because Cleveland wasn't the exact same team minus Lebron, it was a drastically different team all the way around. They really weren't the horrible team people try to make them out to be. They were the #1 seed multiple times and if it weren't for the Celtics they may have even won a title. I honestly don't believe Miami would have beaten the same Celtics that kept beating Cleveland. He just had to wait until they got too old to have a shot regardless of where he played.

I've never said he isn't a great player. I think he's the most physically gifted player of all time and a lot of the things he gets shit for aren't fair at all. But there's still some legit reasons I don't like him and his rabid fanboys are one of them

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Lol people hate on Cleveland for hating on Lebron, but the fact is, for the most part, we're over it. Get over it people, move on, it's the status quo over here.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
No one from Ohio should ever hold a grudge against LeBron. How would you feel if you were in his position? Go into the draft with the skills he possessed and considered one of the most talented NBA prospects ever. I'm sure he thought that was his golden ticket to get out of shitass Ohio - where he had grown up all his life. Only to be drafted into a city 30 miles from where he had lived his entire life. Fuck that noise.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Guess it isn't Joey Crawford tonight after all. That's ok though the league is making up for it in spades by assigning the wonderful Kenny Mauer.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
Guess it isn't Joey Crawford tonight after all. That's ok though the league is making up for it in spades by assigning the wonderful Kenny Mauer.
They have to make sure Crawford is good and rested up for the Spurs since neither the Pacers or
Heat will be lol....

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No one from Ohio should ever hold a grudge against LeBron. How would you feel if you were in his position? Go into the draft with the skills he possessed and considered one of the most talented NBA prospects ever. I'm sure he thought that was his golden ticket to get out of shitass Ohio - where he had grown up all his life. Only to be drafted into a city 30 miles from where he had lived his entire life. Fuck that noise.
I think most of them would have forgiven him leaving, it was the way it was done. "The Decision" was one of the worst ideas ever. Eviscerating your home team on national television like that is what rubbed many people the wrong way so badly. As others pointed out, with him there Cleveland was good enough to win a title...they just didn't. The premeditation of him leaving (or at least the perception it was all planned out) also probably stung people there. Had he simply gone about it normally and informed the team that he was leaving to go to a better opportunity, fans would have been extremely disappointed but would have gotten over it and just gone back to "God hates Cleveland" quickly enough.

Jovec

?
Wow. Refs called George for the travel (which he did). Didn't call Wade's fast break travel.

I like the no call's inside though. Can't let the Heat just drive blindly and get calls.

Jovec

?
LeBron and Wade could be called for an offensive foul on every other drive to the basket. Others like Westbrook and Rose do the same thing. It's just the way the game has evolved, but you can't allow all that contact and then punish the D at the same time.

Indiana looks shaky. Too many turn-overs and Hibbert isn't handling the double-team pressure well. Bad shot selection by Indy all around and they can't get into their offensive sets. Game just has that feeling that Miami is going to pull away at some point.