NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Wow so now we're complaining about the refs before tip off. Talk about hedging your bets lol

Darshu_sl

shitlord
you sound like Gaige! It's been proven that Crawford, despite his tiffs with the Spurs, shows no favoritism towards Spurs opponents in terms of calls. Shit, at this point I bet he's overcompensation because of public perception
Oh c'mon you have to make fun of a ref that challenges players to fights during games...
The NBA reffing isn't nearly as dirty as people make it sound. It could be a lot worse.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Joey Crawford: Two nights ago, Mount Horeb reader John Calderone e-mailed me, "Can I place a bet somewhere that Joey Crawford will ref game 6? Is there any other professional league in the world that fans know who will ref future games before current games end? Does this change when we get a new commissioner?" I'm going the other way: Joey is like Rowdy Roddy Piper. Just when you think you know the answers, JOEY CHANGES THE QUESTIONS.9 Joey being pro-Miami tonight is too easy. Either way, just remember - we're all here to see Joey Crawford.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...1/legacy-check

What a hack!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I picked Miami in 7 but fuck if I don't want San Antonio to just end this shit tonight.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
"The 1978 Bullets were the last road team to win Game 7 of the Finals"

If the Spurs want to win they better end this tonight!

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
You seriously don't think the NBA wants this series to go 7?
There's only been five Game 7's in the Finals since 1984. I think they would be doing more "fixing" but with ratings at an all time high, I don't think it's worth damaging anything by fixing a game.

Game 6 between the Kings and Lakers in 2002...now THAT was fixed.

Oh and the D-wades vs. Dallas in 2006. Can't forget that one.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
They assign refs that call games certain ways, they have tons of data to do this with. I don't think they outright tell these guys, "hey we need this game fixed."

They do it by ref assignments.

Championship teams play through bad calls.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I'd hope so dude is white with a broken back. More difficult to dunk on someone's grandma.

Not to me to mention the karate chop to Miller's face.