NBA 2013?14 Season

Djay

Trakanon Raider
So, I got Spurs/Clippers tickets specifically because I had never seen Chris Paul play live. Of course, he hurts his shoulder the night before the game. Oh well, I used it as a first date instead. Maybe they'll meet up in the playoffs.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
We have like one Raptors fan on the board right? Hypothetical: say a disgruntled Wolves fan upset with our whole front office as well as the pending loss of Kevin Love wants to jump in on the ground level of the magic Ujiri has going in Toronto. Are you guys a welcoming franchise? I live far enough north don't I?

Last Saturday's Thunder loss might have done me in.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Well, they're trading him to cut him and save money. You got a very highly protected first and a couple 2nds for cap relief essentially.

Edit: Deng is also expiring and probably not part of the Bulls future plans given how Butler has played. So it really just came down to how valuable he was going to be for the team this year.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Heat might pick up Bynum. He and Oden would be the next Duncan/Robinson. You could call them the World Trade Centers

Djay

Trakanon Raider
We have like one Raptors fan on the board right? Hypothetical: say a disgruntled Wolves fan upset with our whole front office as well as the pending loss of Kevin Love wants to jump in on the ground level of the magic Ujiri has going in Toronto. Are you guys a welcoming franchise? I live far enough north don't I?

Last Saturday's Thunder loss might have done me in.
I think it would be allowed right now. If you wait until we win a playoff series or get Wiggins, then it might be too late. I'm originally from Iowa...I started rooting for the Raptors when they were announced because I didn't want to jump on the Bulls bandwagon in the middle of their string of titles, I liked dinosaurs, and I liked Isiah Thomas as a player (and had no idea he'd be so horrible as an executive yet).

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I think it would be allowed right now. If you wait until we win a playoff series or get Wiggins, then it might be too late. I'm originally from Iowa...I started rooting for the Raptors when they were announced because I didn't want to jump on the Bulls bandwagon in the middle of their string of titles, I liked dinosaurs, and I liked Isiah Thomas as a player (and had no idea he'd be so horrible as an executive yet).
It's mostly tongue in cheek but I do really like where your team is headed. Combine that with my growing hate for Flip Saunders and its tempting.

Pretty sure I'm going to stop with the season tickets after this year and I've sat through some pretty awful teams always having some level of hope. Flip and Glen Taylor just have this good ol boy operation with no forward thinking. Love leaving this team in a year will seriously be a long term death blow. I don't think I can keep going with that.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
It's mostly tongue in cheek but I do really like where your team is headed. Combine that with my growing hate for Flip Saunders and its tempting.

Pretty sure I'm going to stop with the season tickets after this year and I've sat through some pretty awful teams always having some level of hope. Flip and Glen Taylor just have this good ol boy operation with no forward thinking. Love leaving this team in a year will seriously be a long term death blow. I don't think I can keep going with that.
I still don't believe that we can win without a Superstar. Can we be the Nuggets of the East? Sure, but I'm not sold that model can win deep in the playoffs. Of course, getting to the 2nd round every year would be a lot better than what's been going on. Best case scenario is probably developing a guy and hoping he goes to the next level like Paul George. I'd much rather take my chances with Wiggins/Parker/Randle/Smart, though.
I really like Valanciunas and Lowry. I like Ross. I've always hated Derozan, but this year he's made a mini-leap and is growing on me. But Lowry is probably leaving after this season and then what? Toronto doesn't get Free Agents. Can you bring Love to Toronto with you? Because I could buy a starting 5 of Valanciunas/Love/Ross/Derozan/Lowry competing for a title. I just don't know what the plan is next year if we make the playoffs this year.

But this could just be the pessimist in me that's watched Mighty Mouse, Camby, McGrady, Carter, and Bosh all take off as soon as they could.

MAXPOWERS_sl

shitlord
Love is a turnstile on defense. It's easy to pluck rebounds when you don't even try to contest shots at the rim. Dude has 13 blocks on the season and allows 58.3% fg percentage at the rim. No thanks.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Heat might pick up Bynum. He and Oden would be the next Duncan/Robinson. You could call them the World Trade Centers
Miami Heat getting rings for the trash of the NBA one player at a time. Though this season it will be two because they have Beasley on their team if they pick up Bynum.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Love is a turnstile on defense. It's easy to pluck rebounds when you don't even try to contest shots at the rim. Dude has 13 blocks on the season and allows 58.3% fg percentage at the rim. No thanks.
A) Defensive rebounding is a big part of defense.
B) Teams score less when he's on the floor than they do when he's off
C) Being good enough offensively has to, at some point, counter balance defensive deficiencies, right?

Saying "no thanks" to Love's game because he doesn't block shots, while disregarding that he's one of the best offensive players in the league and the best rebounder the league has seen since Barkley, would be like saying Steve Nash in his prime sucked because he wasn't a great defender. Do you feel the same about him?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Defense in the NBA can be a lot like playing DB in the NFL. Being good can cause people to take less shots against you and that won't be reflected in stats like blocks, fg %, etc. Having said that I haven't been able to watch him play very much so he very well could be a terrible defender

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Defense in the NBA can be a lot like playing DB in the NFL. Being good can cause people to take less shots against you and that won't be reflected in stats like blocks, fg %, etc. Having said that I haven't been able to watch him play very much so he very well could be a terrible defender
Assume he's an absolutely horrendous defensive player. Do you not think his offensive and rebounding output offsets that?